logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2024 7:49:25 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We have seen this on several sites and the merchant should have products assigned to a category, but when they don't the More Category Items on the product page throws an error. We always have to change to code to check for null category.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2024 10:31:50 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi Judy,

We've had a report for to correct issues like this. You can have the client go to Reports > System > Orphaned Items to remove or find products, links, categories, or images.

I'd be more interested in finding out how they managed to get products into the system without a category assignment. We should fix that instead. In order for the catalog to work properly, all products need to be assigned to a category.

Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2024 9:42:34 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm not sure how it happened on this site because their data comes from a custom import.I have seen orphaned products happen on at least one site after they changed the product's categories in the admin, but have never been able to figure out why. I think I might have reported it in the past.
Katie S  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2024 11:15:14 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
A custom import could be the cause. I would suggest that they view the Orphaned items report after doing an import to validate the data being added.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting