logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 1:22:19 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Edit a volume discount
Change the User Groups from All Groups to Selected Groups
Click on the Groups selector box

The UI is listing every group names multiple times

And the _default group is not listed

Capture2.JPG (28kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyartiwana25816656  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 7:45:27 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
For me, this is not happening on a 9.0.4 install. Can you confirm that there are no duplicate entries in your database?

Or are there any specific steps that I can follow to reproduce this on my end? Thanks!
Joe Payne2  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 5:16:26 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

I see the problem. Somehow all of the primary security groups have been duplicated multiple times in ac_Groups, each one with a different StoreId. Now it makes sense why Admin->Admin Groups only shows one of each group. The grid results are correctly filtered for the current StoreId.

But that group selector on Volume Discounts must not be filtering by StoreId which is why the duplicates are rendering. I think that's the real bug in this case.

This was an AC7 site upgraded to Able v903. Then a week ago we updated to v904. We kept the old ac7 database, so I checked there. The groups are duplicated in AC7 too. No idea how that could have happened, but this site has been around for a long time.

I'll do some checking to see if anything else has something with StoreId > 1.

A question: If a license key works for multiple domain names, would that create multiple StoreId values in the data? In 13 years of working on Able, I've never seen this specific issue before.

Capture3.JPG (90kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
shaharyartiwana25816656  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 6:03:34 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
A question: If a license key works for multiple domain names, would that create multiple StoreId values in the data? In 13 years of working on Able, I've never seen this specific issue before

A license for multiple domains does not create multiple StoreId values in the data
thanks 1 user thanked shaharyar for this useful post.
Joe Payne2 on 5/3/2021(UTC)
judy at Web2Market  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 6:10:33 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I don't remember for AC7, but for AC5, you could have multiple stores in the same database. So maybe that site started out as an AC5 site.
Joe Payne2  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 1:34:00 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Followup:

The client had 5 additional store instances in ac_Stores. They have no idea how that happened. To clean it up, I did a delete in ac_Stores on StoreId > 1. Initially this kept throwing foreign key constraint violations. But that tells you the table where you've got to clean up separately. So just clean those up with the same StoreId > 1 delete command eventually you'll get where ac_Stores will clean up as well.

So far no issues noted.