logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SteveFeher  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 9:44:05 AM(UTC)
SteveFeher

Groups: Developers, HelpDesk, Registered

Having a problem with trying to SAVE a customized widget.
Following all the procedural content from http://help.ablecommerce...Design/Widget_Boards.htm

1.) I login to Admin > Website > Store Design > Widget Boards and Select "Add a Widget Board"

2.) I can assign a name and description, and save the board without a problem.

3.) When I attempt to build a Layout, I can assign the rows, columns, and add zones to each. Attempting to "save" the layout gives the onscreen prompt that the layout save was successful.

4.) If I then try to go into the "Content" tab to edit, there is NO layout visible. Heading back to the "Layout" tab, the previously created layouts and zones (that were supposedly saved) are missing and it appears blank.

I figured that there was a permission issue here, but I see nothing in the Help section about permissions for AC 9.

Is this a known issue?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

judy at Web2Market  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 11:35:30 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Is there an error in the error log? Not trying to be a smart alec here, just asking.
SteveFeher  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 12:05:27 PM(UTC)
SteveFeher

Groups: Developers, HelpDesk, Registered

Hi Judy --

No worries! I like these forums because sometimes you all think of things I never did. However, I did check the error log.

Error log only shows that the "access to the path" (to write/create the board) is denied -- which makes me suspect that there is a permissions issue.

ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 12:50:55 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
There are two ways to have proper rights that I have found in Ablecommerce.

#1. The simple way
Do not put your website under Intetpub, use another directory like websites. Apply the IIS application pool user all rights except full and have them trickle-down. Please see the article below on how to do this.

https://support.pkware.c...to-iis-application-pools

#2. The way it's normally done is to put your application under Intetpub, below is a list of our settings.

ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES
Read & execute
List folder contents
Read

CREATOR OWNER
Special permissions

SYSTEM
Full control

NETWORK SERVICE
Full control

Administators
Full control

Users
Read & execute
List folder contents
Read

IIS_IURS
Full control

TrustedInstaller
Full control

I hope support verifies the settings, please take everything above with a grain of salt, hope this helps.