logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 12:30:44 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Isn't this supported under PayFlowPro? I have hidden this pay option in the meantime. Just need to make sure if this is an Ablecommerce problem or PayFlowPro Problem?

Thanks

=== Error ===

Provider threw exception in DoAuthorize

Exception: This gateway does not support the requested payment instrument: PayPal Stack Trace: at CommerceBuilder.Payments.Providers.PayFlowPro.PayFlowProProvider.VerifyPaymentInstrument(Payment payment) at CommerceBuilder.Payments.Providers.PayFlowPro.PayFlowProProvider.InitializeAuthRequest(Payment payment, Order order, User user, Boolean capture, String& requestDebug) at CommerceBuilder.Payments.Providers.PayFlowPro.PayFlowProProvider.DoAuthorize(AuthorizeTransactionRequest authorizeRequest) at CommerceBuilder.Services.PaymentService.Authorize(AuthorizeTransactionRequest request, IPaymentProvider paymentProvider)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 5:40:19 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Support, please reply, this is critical to us - thanks
shaharyar  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 6:33:38 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Ray,

You can only use PayFlow Pro in ablecommerce to use credit and debit payments.
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 6:59:30 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Thank you for your response, so I can just probably add regular PayPal and that should work, correct?

I think it would be a good idea not to have the PayPal option under PayFlow Pro if it's not supported.

Edited by user Monday, October 25, 2021 7:03:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shaharyar  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 7:06:06 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
Thank you for your response, so I can just probably add regular PayPal and that should work, correct?

Yes, this is correct.

Quote:
I think it would be a good idea not to have the PayPal option under PayFlow Pro if it's not supported.

Thanks for pointing this out. We'll discuss this issue.

Katie S  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 7:41:28 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Payflow Pro is one of the original payment gateways that we integrated with so many years ago. At the time, it was Verisign Payflo Pro and had nothing to do with Paypal until they were bought out.

The Paypal payment method is only available through Braintree and Paypal payment gateways. Yes, this can get very confusing. The payment gateways are always a source of constant change.

The name of payment methods can be changed by the merchant, so I believe that is why we tend to shy away from writing code that restricts the UI when it comes to assignment to a particular gateway.

This area of the documentation is next in line for updating, so I'll be sure to list valid payment methods for each gateway.

We use Paypal too, and have it setup for Website Payments Pro (credit/debit cards) along with the std. Paypal method (for offsite payments).

Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
ray22901031  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 8:00:41 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

We took the PayPal portion and moved it to a group called "XXX-PAYMENTS-NOT-USED", this way the customers don't see it, and my people don't use it.

I love customer groups to hide things.

-Ray