logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brant25348293  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2024 10:20:50 AM(UTC)
brant25348293

Groups: HelpDesk

Every time an annual order is not successful (for example an expired credit card or a declined credit card), we have to then cancel that failed subscription because there is no way to reactivate it after it failed. When this action is taken, if the customer tries to sign up for a new recurring annual subscription, it does not populate a “next date” for the next order to take place and the “next date” for payment will show up as NA and so the system will never generate the order for the next payment date. Is there any way to correct this issue? There are also times when an NA date populates for a new recurring annual order and I have been unable to determine why this is happening. Is this a known issue for the next payment date on automatic renewals? If not, is there a setting we are missing to make sure that the next payment date will populate for an automatic annual renewal? We have all of the subscriptions set to recur every 12 months.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2024 11:51:10 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Quote:
Every time an annual order is not successful (for example an expired credit card or a declined credit card), we have to then cancel that failed subscription because there is no way to reactivate it after it failed.

If you delete the failed payment, and take in a valid payment, then you should be able to reactivate the subscription through the Subscriptions page within that order.

I can't answer the question about the date issue until I understand the problem better. I would need to know if you have enabled the recurring order (AutoShip) feature with Authorize.net CIM. I would also need to know how your subscription products are setup. The exact settings....

I can't recall if we ever tested Autoship with digital goods, or if it was part of the scope when that feature was developed.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
brant25348293  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2024 12:49:26 PM(UTC)
brant25348293

Hello and thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, we do not delete the failed payments from a failed order, we cancel the entire order. Considering that these are automatically generated orders by the system and the customer is not placing them directly in the AbleCommerce system, the entire order has to be canceled so that if they choose to renew manually, they can place an entirely new order because the pricing is different with a discount on an automatic order, but no discount on a newly placed order.

There are very few subscription settings and all of our subscription products are set to renew "every 12 months" and a discount amount applied to the pricing of that item (including variants).
Yes, the Authorize.Net settings are set to process the automatic renewals and we have no issue with the Authorize.Net processing, rather the issue is with AbleCommerce setting the date of the next order to be placed in 12 months.
We also have payment methods that are not through Authorize.Net such as PayPal and Wire Transfer and AbleCommerce does not seem to be able to process an automatic renewal for those payment types.

It doesn't sound like you have seen an issue with the "Next Date" for an automatic subscription coming through with "NA" instead of an actual date which prevents the system from generating a new order the following year.
Katie S  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2024 3:37:47 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Quote:
Yes, the Authorize.Net settings are set to process the automatic renewals and we have no issue with the Authorize.Net processing, rather the issue is with AbleCommerce setting the date of the next order to be placed in 12 months.

What do you have for your "Create Next Order" setting as X number of days before next payment is due.

Quote:
We also have payment methods that are not through Authorize.Net such as PayPal and Wire Transfer and AbleCommerce does not seem to be able to process an automatic renewal for those payment types.

This is correct. Authorize.net CIM stores the payment information, and we use a specific API of theirs to process renewals.

Quote:
It doesn't sound like you have seen an issue with the "Next Date" for an automatic subscription coming through with "NA" instead of an actual date

If I remember, the N/A appears if you have an expiration on the subscription for the product. There is a Total Number of Payments field which can be left blank if there is no expiration.

I'm sorry. This feature is very complex, and it's been a while since I've tested. It's hard to remember all the details.

Please, if you could review the documentation and let me know what you think is not working:

https://help.ablecommerc...ubscription_Settings.htm

https://help.ablecommerc...toShip_Subscriptions.htm

Thanks for your support!

Katie
brant25348293  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2024 12:57:12 PM(UTC)
brant25348293

Originally Posted by: Katie S Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

What do you have for your "Create Next Order" setting as X number of days before next payment is due.

Quote:

This is correct. Authorize.net CIM stores the payment information, and we use a specific API of theirs to process renewals.

Quote:
It doesn't sound like you have seen an issue with the "Next Date" for an automatic subscription coming through with "NA" instead of an actual date

If I remember, the N/A appears if you have an expiration on the subscription for the product. There is a Total Number of Payments field which can be left blank if there is no expiration.

I'm sorry. This feature is very complex, and it's been a while since I've tested. It's hard to remember all the details.

Please, if you could review the documentation and let me know what you think is not working:

https://help.ablecommerc...ubscription_Settings.htm

https://help.ablecommerc...toShip_Subscriptions.htm

Create Next Order is set to 0 days before payment is due so that the order is created on the day of the renewal for all products.
There are no expiration dates set for any subscription in our system, all of them are set to never expire.
There are no Total number of payments set either on any of our subscriptions so that this would never expire.

What isn't working is that periodically when an automatic order takes place in AbleCommerce is is not adding a next date for the renewal which should be 12 months from the date of the order. It is populating NA instead of a next order date so then the system never creates an order the following year. I have tried to figure out if there is any pattern as to when it is happening but unfortunately, there is no rhyme or reason to it. I have checked if it's because CCs are expiring but that does not seem to trigger the NA date. Some automatic orders have a next order date without issue and others end up with this NA date. There is no way to manually update the next order date either so we cannot correct these automatic renewals and we have to delete them from the system.

Katie S  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2024 12:00:40 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Quote:
What isn't working is that periodically when an automatic order takes place in AbleCommerce is is not adding a next date for the renewal which should be 12 months from the date of the order. It is populating NA instead of a next order date so then the system never creates an order the following year. I have tried to figure out if there is any pattern as to when it is happening but unfortunately, there is no rhyme or reason to it. I have checked if it's because CCs are expiring but that does not seem to trigger the NA date. Some automatic orders have a next order date without issue and others end up with this NA date. There is no way to manually update the next order date either so we cannot correct these automatic renewals and we have to delete them from the system.

In my testing, the Next Payment Date is calculated. I tested with 2 subscriptions.

Subscription A - no expiration.

sub-a-product.png (31kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Order with Subscription A no expiration.
sub-a-order.png (27kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Subscription B - with expiration.

sub-b-product.png (30kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Order with Subscription B with expiration.
sub-b-order.png (26kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

So far, everything looks fine. I will check on the test when the sub renews again. I set it for 12 days instead of 12 months. Unfortunately, I'm unable to change the date on the server itself.

Thanks for your support!

Katie