logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 1:02:17 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
On Friday, we had the following situation. On an order, there were two line items, unfortunately on the second line item my people did not attach a shipping address to the product. So, the product became non-shippable.

Obviously, not only was this item not transferred over to ShipStation, we also lost $20 in shipping because the item weight was not added. Also, the ticket shows as UnShipped because the item is not listed under the shipping tab.

The only way to fix this, unless there's something that I'm missing, is to remove the item, add the item again, and this time make sure that a shipping address was pick. We haven't been able to find a way to edit an existing item on an existing order, and applied or edit a shipping address.

Am I missing something?

We decided to leave it alone because at that time the money was captured.

Maybe for a future upgrade, when an item on an order is being edited, you can also display the shipping address to that item?

Food for thought,
-Ray

Edited by user Monday, December 6, 2021 1:04:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 6:43:24 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi Ray,

From the order, there are two tabs: Shipments and Items

We designed the UI so that you could easily create new shipments and add items to that shipment. The button in the upper-right corner gets that process started by showing all the options that go into a new shipment, such as Ship From Warehouse, Ship To Address, Shipping Method, etc.

Once the shipment is created, then items can be added to it.

Now, you can just start adding items to the order, and choosing a new shipment will bring you to the same page. This page includes creating a new shipment or adding to an existing shipment. The blank value shown as first option choice is adding the item as non-shippable. Not good. A selection needs to be made (in most cases).

That said, it should be an easy change to show the different options in the Shipment drop-down. Currently, you have to select something or create a new shipment. If neither is picked (by accident) then it makes the item non-shippable. The software should be able to see if the item is shippable or not, and offer a warning to prevent this from happening. If you only sell shippable items, it would be a very easy change to remove that first choice (temp work-around) or advise your order admins to create the shipment first and then add products.

I'll log an issue report to make the UI fix. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 7:13:47 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hi Katie,

Thank you for the feedback.

One of the issues that we are having is, we have been using another platform for 20 years, and we've only been on this platform live for less than two months, so we need to learn the little glitches here and there.

Once we determined what happened, that took about an hour of investigating, we understand that we can merely delete the item and re-added it again. We left that particular order alone because it was already captured, and I'd dislike to play with figures on an order when payment has been collected.

Bottom line, if it happens again, we know what to look for, and we know how to fix it.

On an entirely different note, maybe sometime early next year, I'm going to post a large article on Ablecommerce and SEO. About eight years ago, we got close to $5 million in sales strictly using Google organics, not one penny was paid to Google. We are trying to mimic those days again using Ablecommerce.

Here's a summary of what has occurred in the last 45 days using your platform.

Our number one competitor using Magento has the following scores using Google insights.

Mobile = 7
Desktop = 38

Our other competitors are not that much better, as of today, using Ablecommerce and doing a lot of tweaking our scores are as follows:

- Mobile = 65 (We Start at 32)*
- Desktop = 99 (We start at 67)*

* Based on average of three different analyses within five minute.

Our main challenge is our mobile score, which we need to get above 90. There are many areas in Ablecommerce that needs modification to make life easier for merchants who may not be aware of some issues regarding SEO. We are working with a development team to continue to make tweaks to get our mobile score into the 90% range. Google has made it apparent that it intends to concentrate on mobility in 2022.

Maybe $5 million in sales may not be a lot for certain people, but when you haven't shelled out one penny in advertising to Google, and all was done with two people and an office cat, I think is pretty impressive.

If you guys are open to make some changes on your system to have a better SEO experience out-of-the-box, I will definitely do my part.

Meanwhile, so far, my experience with Ablecommerce after launching has been a tremendous success.

You need to know that.

Many thanks for bringing such a platform to the marketplace.
-Ray

Google-Mobile.jpg (104kb) downloaded 2 time(s). Google-Desktop.jpg (139kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

Edited by user Thursday, December 9, 2021 7:14:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Katie S  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 7:35:49 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Quote:
If you guys are open to make some changes on your system to have a better SEO experience out-of-the-box, I will definitely do my part

Absolutely! It's incredible to hear about your success in sales without having to pay Google ads. So expensive. Please keep me updated when you have information to share.

Thanks Ray
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Katie S  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 9:55:38 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Quote:
On Friday, we had the following situation. On an order, there were two line items, unfortunately on the second line item my people did not attach a shipping address to the product. So, the product became non-shippable.

Obviously, not only was this item not transferred over to ShipStation, we also lost $20 in shipping because the item weight was not added. Also, the ticket shows as UnShipped because the item is not listed under the shipping tab.

The only way to fix this, unless there's something that I'm missing, is to remove the item, add the item again, and this time make sure that a shipping address was pick. We haven't been able to find a way to edit an existing item on an existing order, and applied or edit a shipping address

After submitting the bug report, the devs are saying that this issue cannot be reproduced. I just tried selecting the 'null' option while adding a shippable product. A warning appears indicating that I must select a shipment.

Curious...if you are able to reproduce the issue and provide some more information so we can prevent this from happening. I must be missing some obscure step.

Thanks!
Thanks for your support!

Katie
ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 11:30:10 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hello Katie,

I tried to duplicate the problem, but I could not. But I can assure you somehow a product was inserted without a shipping address. Leave it to an end-user to break the laws of physics.

I will keep an eye on this, and I appreciate you reaching out to support.

-Ray
Katie S  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 12:03:34 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The only thing I can think of is that the product was marked as non-shippable when it was added to the order.

Please update if/when it happens again.

Have a great day!
Thanks for your support!

Katie
ray22901031  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 12:15:12 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

I have strict security measures in place, they do not have access to the back inventory or products. All items are marked, as shippable, I, personally, did this before launching and did a mass update for all items to be shippable.

The order is still there, I can take a screenshot of the actual database to show that there is no shipping address attach to that particular line item, but for what end? It's done, I know what to look for if it ever happens again, and then at that time I will investigate further.

We both have done our part, and let's wait for it to occur again.

Thanks