logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 9:49:50 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Original post was https://www.ablecommerce...forums/posts/t720-ShopBy and AC provided a patch there so that clicking on a shopby option filtered the products on the category page.
I've run across two bugs:
If the merchant field name has an apostrophe in it, it throws the error that it can't find the named parameter storeId when it is clicked on.
Shouldn't the shop by selection display in the left nav be filtered based on the products in the category being viewed? As it is, they show all the time, but if you are in a category where none of the products use the shop by and you click on one of the selections, you get a display that no products match your search criteria.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 28, 2021 9:51:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

judy at Web2Market  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 9:59:31 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
One more note- I just set this up and tested on a Gold R12 site and it didn't show the shop by unless you were in a category where products used it.
shaharyar  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 10:28:26 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
If the merchant field name has an apostrophe in it, it throws the error that it can't find the named parameter storeId when it is clicked on.

I am able to reproduce the issue. I am registering.

Quote:
Shouldn't the shop by selection display in the left nav be filtered based on the products in the category being viewed? As it is, they show all the time, but if you are in a category where none of the products use the shop by and you click on one of the selections, you get a display that no products match your search criteria.

UPDATED:

I am able to verify the claim. In Gold, it is working as you are pointing out. I will log this issue as well.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Edited by user Wednesday, July 28, 2021 10:36:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified