logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
speedythinker1832579  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 6:57:01 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

For some reason, we received a lot of declined payment from Authorize.net. The issue was AVS (billing address matched) but I checked that and found that most billing address that customer provided were matched. Plus, it happened to a lot of return customers who made purchased products from us with the same card and address! Moreover, I even lowered AVS security level from Authorize.net trying to get the issue fixed but it is still happening.

BTW, I'm still receiving 100s error message from the V9 after the upgrade. I also reported another issue about not being able to receive from a "Contact us" form. I paid my hosting company to fix a bunch of coding issues. Now they were tired to do it for me not willing to do it. If things didn't get solved soon, I may be thinking to switch over to Shopify or other e-commerce platforms.

The Gold V7 was much less trouble than the V9

Marco

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 9:11:46 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi Marco,

In regards to the AVS issue, the only thing Ablecommerce has to do is pass the billing information to the gateway. That billing information includes the first numerical part of the billing address and the billing ZIP Code. That's the only two pieces of information the gateway uses to check AVS.

What AVS responses are you getting from authorize.net?

B, E, R, G, U, S, N, A, Z,W, or Y ???

I believe these are the only responses issued by authorize.net. Ablecommerce does not participate in the decision to deny a credit card payment once the information has been sent to your gateway,you better check with authorize.net to see what security settings you have in place. Also look at the AVS response and make a determination from there.

Even return customers can use different billing addresses and different credit cards. The only restriction we have on our end is deny the purchase if the security code is incorrect, again setting at the gateway level, not the shopping cart.

I'm sorry to hear about the other issues that you're having, I have found that if you properly document and Ablecommerce can verify the issue, they will even give you code fixes before the next release. At least that has been my experience working with them for a short time.

I am pretty sure you are aware that if you move to Shopify, once you have 800k in sales, you're going to be locked into the $2,000 plus shopping cart fee? - You are aware of this, correct?

Best of luck in fixing your issue,
-Ray

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2020 7:13:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Naveed Ashraf  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:52:36 PM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi Marco,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having. I have provided code updates related to your Contact Us issue. It seems more of an issue with your SMTP server then the Contact Us form, still its easy to be updated and workaround. Please check the respective thread.

Regarding your Authorize.Net issue, Ray seems right. It may be some issue with your Authorize.net security configurations as no such issue is reported.

To investigate this issue , we need some more details:

1. What AVS responses are you getting from authorize.net?
2. Please enable the debug mode for Authorize.net gateway (if not already enabled) and provide SEND and RECEIVE log for some failing transactions.

You can locate the log data under ~/App_Data/Logs/Authorize.NET CIM.Log file.

Thanks.
Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
Developer Assistance Available
speedythinker1832579  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:45:37 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

B(decline) E(decline) R(Allow & Report) G(Authroize & Hold) U(Authorize & Hold) S(Allow & Report)

N(decline) A(Allow & report) Z(Allow & Report) W(Allow & Report) Y(Allow)

Made changed today
N(decline) A(Allow & report) Z(Authroize & Hold) W(Authroize & Hold) Y(Allow)

All these settings are considered very loose on the security checks. The problem was that a lot of customers used the same card and the same billing address got declined because of AVS mismatched. How could it be? We double-checked it all info matched.
speedythinker1832579  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:49:08 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

For the Contact Form, my hosting company edited the code and worked before seeing a reply here.
But there was a minor issue: can't just click reply because the "Sener" is addressed to ourselves. So, we have to copy the actual sender email address and pasted it to "To:"
This is a common issue for the SMTP mail server and I think you guys need to address it. It is a very common practice to use SMTP service to relate emails.

Thx
ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 6:30:25 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

I really suggest that you follow Naveed advice and send him what he is requesting, the Authorize.NET CIM.Log file.

If Ablecommerce is properly passing the information to your gateway, you have a gateway problem.

-Ray
speedythinker1832579  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 2:50:38 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Ok will do. Recently we received so many orders being declined. But when I tried a customer CC info on my side, it worked. Just curious why credit card info showing nothing when AVS failed. Could it be data not being sent properlly when customer submitted the CC info through forms?

Example of AVS being reported failed to match:

This is credit card info from the payment.

Account Name:
Account Number:
Expiration Month: 0
Expiration Year: 0

speedythinker1832579  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 1:56:15 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

As of today, we still have issue of payment bing declined. Strange enough that some of those payments if process in our system manually, it passed the check and transaction was successful.

Many customer complained the issue because they were using the same info before; same billing address on the same card. I don't understand why it worked in the past (before upgrade to v9) but not today while security check level on Authorize.net was reducted. Everytime the system complained that billing addresss didn't match. But how come it worked out when we tried the transaction from our end at work?? It means to me that some info got 'lost' during the form submitting. Could it be encryption issue? FYI, most customers insisted that the billding address was correct, and verified that fund was withdraw from their bank.
shari  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 8:49:46 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
Regarding your Authorize.Net issue, Ray seems right. It may be some issue with your Authorize.net security configurations as no such issue is reported.

To investigate this issue, we need some more details:

1. What AVS responses are you getting from authorize.net?
2. Please enable the debug mode for Authorize.net gateway (if not already enabled) and provide SEND and RECEIVE log for some failing transactions.

You can locate the log data under ~/App_Data/Logs/Authorize.NET CIM.Log file.

Can you please share the response from Authorize.NET. The debug log file contains the request and response data from gateway. Once shared we can look into for the issue.

Thanks.
speedythinker1832579  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 11:25:04 AM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

I did. I sent log file about 10 days ago
speedythinker1832579  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 12:51:51 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Every time a payment declined, it showed this info: Account data storage or SSL has been disabled.
There was no transaction ID # listed.

FYI, we have a few return customer who used the same card & the same address for purchase from our site. It worked before but not after the upgrade from Gold to V9. They said that they have no problem to use the same card to purchase from other sites. We could process his order from our end. Was it cookies issue or form issue, I really don't know. All I know is that we have so many upset customers.

Now, I tuned down the security level from the Authroize.net to the lowest that we can accept. Technically it would take all orders except that it will declined if both address and zip code doesn't match, otherwise all transaction will be accepted. If the problem still exist, that mean the issue wasn't from the payment gateway but from the website/coding.

ray22901031  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 1:13:10 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

My recommendation to you is to follow the advice of tech support and send the information that they are requesting. I suggest that you log into your authorize.net account, go under reports, and start printing out all the transactions that have been declined.

Send this information to support, if you feel uncomfortable sending this information using this form, I am pretty sure they can provide a private email.

Without detailed information, there is very little anyone can do to help.

I hope you fix your problem.
speedythinker1832579  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 6:21:17 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

I already said that I sent the log about 10 days ago.

BTW, I couldn't attach any file from the support site. It wasn't the first time that I was trying to send attachment. I tried a couple from other posts. But it just didn't work! Can anyone please fix it ? Or,nwas it just me who couldn't send attachment???

ray22901031  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 11:30:50 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

The reports that I mentioned are reports, not log files. They come directly from the backend, the administrator portion of authorize.net. These reports should show you why the transactions were declined. This is coming from authorize.net, not Ablecommerce.

Ablecommerce should not be the one denying the credit card transaction, unless there's some security feature in Ablecommerce that's checked, the credit card transaction is being denied by the credit card holder's banking institution and this information should be picked up by authorize.net, which is nothing more than the gateway. If Ablecommerce somehow is not passing a necessary piece of information, this report should identify that.

Please note that you can denied certain credit card transactions based on certain filters in authorize.net, but this will show up in the daily denied reports that you have access to in the backend of authorize.net.

- Have you discussed this issue with your developer?
- Has your developer seen these reports?

If a vital piece of information is being withheld or the transaction or part of the transaction itself somehow is not being transmitted properly through secure protocols, this report should show that.

I can assure you that if we had this problem, it would have been rectified within minutes, so I am very confused as to why this problem still persists for you.

I wish you the best of luck.
speedythinker1832579  
#15 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 1:01:20 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Ray:

I followed the instruction offered by "Naveed Ashraf" at post #3. The strange thing was that when transaction didn't go through the 1st time. Should we process the payment again from our end and it would went through. We don't have develper to work on our site and most parts are just 'canned' from Able. We only got the template worked out a little bit by the hosting company. Plus, not all credit card payment rejected but likely 30%.

I am wondering if the cause could be brower dependency or could it be cookies issue, yes or not? I really can't tell. That's why I hope someone here can help. We got so many pissed off customer, expecially for those return customers!

I'm going to try your suggestion, getting a report from Authoirize.net. Hopefully it could show some hints.

Thx your feedback!

Marco
speedythinker1832579  
#16 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 1:07:16 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

This is one of case where AVS was not valided and being declined. Look at the address, all blank!! Why was that happened? The System sure will declined an other without billing address.

Payment Information
Card Type: Visa
Card Number: XXXXX708
Expiration Date: XXXX
Total Amount: USD 198.36
Order Information
Invoice #: 253400
Description: Lightobject Order #253400
Customer Billing Information
Name: Timothy xxxx
Company:
Address:
City:
State/Province:
Zip Code:
Phone:
Fax:
Email: troth12345@gmail.com

Customer ID: 3673700
Customer Type: Individual
Customer TaxID/SSN:

DL Number:
DL State:
DL DOB:
Shipping Information
Name:
Company:
Address:
City:
State/Province:
Zip Code:
ray22901031  
#17 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 3:28:37 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

If the decline reports from Authorize.net backend does not show the address information, then that information is not being passed to authorize.net from Ablecommerce. That will be your proof that there's something going on on the Ablecommerce side.

Because this was an upgrade from a previous version, there could be an old file stuck somewhere that didn't properly get overwritten, I think that you might need the services of a developer to fix this.

Again the best of luck.
-Ray
judy at Web2Market  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 6:21:11 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Maybe this is related to an issue reported in AC Gold- BillToAddress not being passed when a stored card is used?
http://forums.ablecommer...pic.php?f=65&t=19296
speedythinker1832579  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 12:07:01 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Hi Judy. I think it was related. I found another similar post a couple of days ago and I disabled the feature of stored card info. Things seem getting improved. But I'm not 100% sure because there was another thing we did here. A tech from the hosting company has replaced a legacy connection link to Authorize.net with a more update link. I'll test it in a week, then enabled the stored credit again to see if I can duplicate the issue. I think that is the only way to confirm the problem.

Thx!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 14, 2020 12:10:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

speedythinker1832579  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 12:25:07 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

After I disabled 'Enable Payment Data Storage' in the System Setting, it seems work. So far, not declined payment. But doing so would cause inconvenience for credit card refund. All refund need to call the customer for card info before able to issue a refund. Can this be fixed on next batch?