logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IDAutomation  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 9:01:30 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would like to begin sending out Products Review Reminder emails to customers who have purchased from us. In my test, I have never been able to send an email that uses the NVelocity code to populate order-specific data. This is also the case in the Abandoned Cart Reminder email. The entire body of the email is present except for the entire block:

#foreach($product in $products)
<li><strong>$product.Name</strong> - <a href="${store.StoreUrl}Product?ProductId=${product.ProductId}#reviewsPane">Review this product</a></li>
#end

What am I missing? Ho can I activate this code in this and in other emails?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

IDAutomation  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 3:09:38 PM(UTC)
IDAutomation

At /Admin/Store/Reviews I enabled the Review Reminder Service. I did not select any triggers in the email templates for Products Review Reminder or Abandoned Basket Alert.
shari  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 2:38:09 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Can you please confirm the settings for number of days for running the service and days to send the review email after order fulfillment?
IDAutomation  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:42:09 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Run reminder service once every 1 days
Send the review email 4 days after order fulfillment
Do not process orders fulfilled more than 7 days ago
Reminder Email Template: Abandoned Basket Alert

I hope this helps.
IDAutomation  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 1:50:06 PM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Any help on this is appreciated, the sooner the better!
Naveed Ashraf  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 7:05:49 AM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Quote:
Run reminder service once every 1 days
Send the review email 4 days after order fulfillment
Do not process orders fulfilled more than 7 days ago
Reminder Email Template: Abandoned Basket Alert

You are not using the correct email template, so there may be some issue with the processing of email template. There is a built in "Products Review Reminder" email template which should be used for this. You should customize or use a copy that template if you want to change the contents.

Thanks.

Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
Developer Assistance Available
IDAutomation  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 10:48:25 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Thanks for the information. I corrected the Reminder Email Template to Products Review Reminder. This has resulted in emails being sent with proper reference to the product purchased, BUT the link to the review results in a dead end. Here is the body of the email:

Quote:
Hello,

If you have a few minutes, we'd like to invite you to review the products you ordered. Just click on the link below to write a review and share your opinion with other shoppers.

• IDAutomation 2D USB Barcode Scanner - Review this product

Thanks in advance for taking the time to review the products you purchased.
We look forward to seeing you again!

IDAutomation.com, Inc.

The link for "Review this product" in the bullet point is https://www.idautomation...roductId=144#reviewsPane and it does not actually take me to a reviews page, or any page. Can you help to resolve this?
Naveed Ashraf  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 6:25:38 AM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

The correct link should have been

https://www.idautomation...ct/Index/144#reviewspane

Please update your "Products Review Reminder" email template and replace the following code:

<a href="${store.StoreUrl}Product?ProductId=${product.ProductId}#reviewsPane">Review this product</a>

With this one:

<a href="${store.StoreUrl}Product/Index/{product.ProductId}#reviewspane">Review this product</a>

Thanks for reporting the issue.
Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
IDAutomation  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 7:23:45 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Thanks for following up. I updated my Products Review Reminder email template and replaced the code as you recommended. Here is the code:

Quote:
<li><strong>$product.Name</strong> - <a href="${store.StoreUrl}Product/Index/{product.ProductId}#reviewspane">Review this product</a></li>
#end

When I click thel ink provided which is https://www.idautomation.com/Product/Index/{product.ProductId}#reviewspane , it understandably takes me to a 404 error page. Obviously the URL I am clicking is not complete since it is showing {product.ProductID} .
Naveed Ashraf  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 7:54:08 AM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Ohhh, I am sorry I missed a $ sign before {product.ProductId}, it should have been:

<a href="${store.StoreUrl}Product/Index/${product.ProductId}#reviewspane">Review this product</a>

Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
IDAutomation  
#11 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 8:22:46 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Thanks, I've updated that. I thought that may have been the issue since the $ preceeded { in every other case, but you never know! I am attemping to get a look at the body of the email but when I go into an order and select the Product Review Reminder template to send them, it does not populate the bullet point content. Here is the code:

Quote:
<p>If you have a few minutes, we'd like to invite you to review the products you ordered. Just click on the link below to write a review and share your opinion with other shoppers.</p>
<ul>
<li><strong>$product.Name</strong> - <a href="${store.StoreUrl}Product/Index/${product.ProductId}#reviewspane">Review this product</a></li>
#end
</ul>
<p>Thanks in advance for taking the time to review the products you purchased.</p>
<p>
We look forward to seeing you again!<br />

Here is the email:

body.PNG (8kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

Is there a reason why it would not be displaying the code between #foreach and #end? This is occuring with those I try and send manually from an order, but I will have to wait for any auto's to send out to review those.
Naveed Ashraf  
#12 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 9:19:47 AM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Quote:
Is there a reason why it would not be displaying the code between #foreach and #end? This is occuring with those I try and send manually from an order, but I will have to wait for any auto's to send out to review those.

The review reminder template template is being used by the system to auto send emails. You can configure this service from admin. When it auto sends the emails, it picks up and hooks the products from orders automatically, as it sends the email against some order.

If you are manually sending emails using this email template, how you are wireing-up the orders and products with this email template?
Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
IDAutomation  
#13 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 11:53:21 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

To send Product Review Reminder email manually, I just visit a given order, click the email in the order, and then select the template in the Select Template Field.

email.PNG (14kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

When I do this, it does not seem to pull the data or perform the function within the hash tags at all, and not display any of the order-specific information. Of course, I will wait for an automated review email to send out so that I can take a look but any tests that i sent out manually in this way are sent without any order-specific product info.

Edited by user Monday, July 20, 2020 11:55:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Naveed Ashraf  
#14 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 12:30:36 PM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Hi,

Unfortunately, it will not work, you are mixing up two different features.

Quote:
To send Product Review Reminder email manually, I just visit a given order, click the email in the order, and then select the template in the Select Template Field.

As I mentioned above that the "Product Review Reminder" email template is for automatic sending emails. It can not be used for manual emails.

On the other hand, if you want to send emails manually then you have to provide email contents yourself. Select the blank email template or whatever suits you, but you have to fill in the related details yourself.

I suggest to keep using the Auto Review Reminder Email service for sending emails.

Thanks,
Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
Naveed Ashraf  
#15 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 12:32:04 PM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

If you want to send manual emails for Review Reminder service, it will require some code changes, and I will be happy to help.

Please use the help desk feature for any custom development.

Thanks,
Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
IDAutomation  
#16 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 12:43:04 PM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I actually do not want to manually send out review requests, I want the system to do that automatically based on parameters set forth in Admin. I think we're on the right track. I will wait to see more of those auto emails come through and I will update this ticket at that time and let you know whether that data is populating the emails or not. Thank you!
IDAutomation  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 10:26:44 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Hello,

It looks like we are up and running. I appreciate all your help through this. I learned a lot!
Naveed Ashraf  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:33:25 PM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com