logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 11:47:57 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
We just did a quote for customer, at the very end there were no rates being returned from UPS. This was very odd, I investigated the order, and went through every single line item to make sure that shipping was okay and everything was proper.

Still, no reply from UPS. All other orders are working fine, so what's going on with this particular order?

I did go into a specific line item and removed the product dimensions, and set them all back to zero since this was being multiplied by the quantity 15, I thought maybe the information being sent to UPS was outside the realm of their product dimensions.

We then re-created a new identical order and all worked fine.

This was not a UPS intermittent issue, since we tried to go back into the order multiple times and recalculate a new shipment.

Any feedback from anyone?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Jay  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 1:07:50 PM(UTC)
Jay

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Not sure from your comments if you've seen this thread or not. I just added another post.
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 1:14:33 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

It has absolutely nothing to do with intermittent UPS problems, we have duplicated the orders with no problems. If you go into one order under shipment, you don't get UPS rates, if you go into the identical duplicate order, you get UPS rates.

Only difference between the two orders, one has package dimensions, the other does not.

Go figure

Edited by user Tuesday, October 26, 2021 1:15:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Katie S  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 1:34:02 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
You can turn on debugging for the UPS gateway. Try again to calculate shipping. Then check the UPS.log file under \website\app_data\logs\ for details on what exactly was sent and the response from UPS.

It's a good idea to turn off debugging once the troubleshooting is finished.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
ray22901031  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 2:39:00 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Katie, - Thank you so much.

The more and more I use the software, and learn the little tricks, the more I like it.

Below is the error message from UPS. I would like to point out that the ZIP Code is valid, and it's the identical zip code on the duplicate order that we don't have a problem.

Computer gremlins maybe?

Send: <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"><Request><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><RequestAction>rate</RequestAction><RequestOption>shop</RequestOption></Request><PickupType><Code>01</Code></PickupType><CustomerClassification><Code>00</Code></CustomerClassification><Shipment><Shipper><Address><City>Doral</City><StateProvinceCode>FL</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>33172</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address><ShipperNumber>1W36Y1</ShipperNumber></Shipper><ShipTo><Address><City>Peabody</City><StateProvinceCode>MD</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>01960</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></ShipTo><ShipmentWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>51.8</Weight></ShipmentWeight><RateInformation><NegotiatedRatesIndicator></NegotiatedRatesIndicator></RateInformation><Package><PackagingType><Code>02</Code></PackagingType><PackageWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>51.8</Weight></PackageWeight><PackageServiceOptions><InsuredValue><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>4483.69</MonetaryValue></InsuredValue></PackageServiceOptions></Package></Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

Receive: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>0</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Failure</ResponseStatusDescription><Error><ErrorSeverity>Hard</ErrorSeverity><ErrorCode>111285</ErrorCode><ErrorDescription>The postal code 01960 is invalid for MD United States.</ErrorDescription></Error></Response></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

Send: <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"><Request><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><RequestAction>rate</RequestAction><RequestOption>shop</RequestOption></Request><PickupType><Code>01</Code></PickupType><CustomerClassification><Code>00</Code></CustomerClassification><Shipment><Shipper><Address><City>Doral</City><StateProvinceCode>FL</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>33172</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address><ShipperNumber>1W36Y1</ShipperNumber></Shipper><ShipTo><Address><City>Peabody</City><StateProvinceCode>MD</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>01960</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></ShipTo><ShipmentWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>51.8</Weight></ShipmentWeight><RateInformation><NegotiatedRatesIndicator></NegotiatedRatesIndicator></RateInformation><Package><PackagingType><Code>02</Code></PackagingType><PackageWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>51.8</Weight></PackageWeight><PackageServiceOptions><InsuredValue><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>4483.69</MonetaryValue></InsuredValue></PackageServiceOptions></Package></Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>
Jay  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 2:42:07 PM(UTC)
Jay

According to Google results, 01960 is in MA, not MD. You UPS error message is that 01960 is not valid for MD.
ray22901031  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 3:05:09 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Did you know that I make the world's best espresso?

Seriously, I am a coffee fanatic. I grind my beans, I use state-of-the-art equipment in fact, I just got my new ascaso machines from Barcelona, Spain. They are actually manufactured manually, I have one at home, and I just bought another one for my people at the office. Dual thermal block boilers, so I can brew coffee and steamed milk at the same time. It does pay to multitask.

Why am I even bringing this up?

Because if you're ever in Miami, I'm going to personally make you the best cup of espresso you've ever had in your life, in fact, I'm giving you a lifetime pass, come by anytime, lattes are also available.

It is astonishing, how one letter can mess things up, your 100% correct, the first order had MD, when it should have been MA.

Would you like a biscuit with your espresso?

LOL in Maimi,
-Ray
Jay  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 3:08:29 PM(UTC)
Jay

Actually, I'm one of those weird people that doesn't drink coffee! I know what you mean about one letter though, I've had plenty of experience with simple little errors causing lots of consternation.
ray22901031  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 3:24:36 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

I enjoy these types of conversations because I keep on learning, I was not even aware that you could put UPS in debug mode, and there it was staring me in the face.

Let me also share with you something else that happened today, we decided to use PayFlow as our new gateway. We've been a regular Authorize.net for a very long time. PayFlow offers credit card protection, where Authorize.net, I need to include a separate service which is an additional fee to guarantee against credit card fraud.

Today, one of my biggest customers, using the same credit card he's been using for over six years, placed a 14k order, PayFlow rejected it. The customer was furious, and I couldn't get any information from PayFlow, with the exception that it did not meet their fraud protection standards. I was not aware that you could have multiple processors or gateways operating in the same store.

So, we reinitialized our Authorize.net gateway, but we hid the payments, Visa, MasterCard and Amex under an "admin only view". So, manually behind the scenes, we created a new payment type. Instead of picking Visa-PayPal, we picked Visa-BOA, payment was authorized properly, payment was just captured and all is fine.

We will keep, Authorize.net in the background, where the average customer does not see it, but my operators can use it. Didn't even know the software could do this, very impressive.

I hope this bit of information help somebody else,
-Ray I'm
Katie S  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 3:55:52 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Hi Ray,

Would you mind posting a link to the coffee/espresso machine you purchased? I am using a hand-press which I am getting a little tired of, but it does make a pretty good cup coffee.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
ray22901031  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 4:16:18 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

It's the ascaso DUO, not the UNO. The DUO is the new model, which has two thermal boilers, so you can steam and brew coffee at the same time.

I just retired my Breville dual boiler machine that I've had for 2 1/2 years. It is worth noting that the machine I really wanted was the Lelit Bianca, but I was not going to wait 45 minutes for the group heads to get hot enough to create the perfect espresso. This is what happens when you have too much metal.

This is why I settled on the ascaso DUO

- Heat up time less than five minutes
- 10 minutes for perfect espresso
- Dual boiler
- Easy to get to the water tank
- Love the industrial look
- Pre-infusion that you can control
- No burn steam tip
- Hand made

I really like this machine, and this is why I purchased a second one for my people. One last thing I would like to share, the steam tip is one hole, when you are steaming milk it is loud, my cats run out of the kitchen, but it reminds me of the coffee café's in Europe. Such a wonderful sound when you're steaming milk.

Also, it's important to note because it's a thermal boiler, and if you use filtered water, probably have to descale every other year.

Go to Seattle coffee, called them, tell them I recommended you, and tell them you want a 10% discount like I got.

If you get one, enjoy it, too much BS going on in the world.

-Ray
Katie S  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 6:31:43 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Wow! Thanks for a great review. I'd love to get one, but it's a little more money than I can spend right now. I'll have to start a coffee fund and may be able to afford it in a couple years. I've saved this info to my personal folder.

Thanks again! Something to look forward to...
Thanks for your support!

Katie