logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 5:27:59 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
This information is based on the following post. It is an email that I'm sending to my current developers, but it would be nice if Ablecommerce would fix this for version 9.0.6.

https://www.ablecommerce...----domain-xyz-has-to-go

Message to my development team:

Regarding the anonymous users, after further research, the following is now known. Although there is an, "IsAnonymous" database field in Ablecommerce, this is not what Ablecommerce is using to determine whether a user is anonymous or not. It is based on the prefix "z_anonymous_" and the suffix "@domain.xyz".

What worsens it, this information is hard-coded in many files. Seriously ??? The better solution would be the following, go through all the files where this information is hard-coded, and turn that fix value into a variable. The value of the variable could be stored in the "store setting" table.

This way, when Ablecommerce access this information, it will not know if this value was hard-coded or not, this should not break any existing procedures in Ablecommerce.

Just changing the prefix to "Guest-" and the suffix to "User.com", will be more than enough to bring some much-needed clarification to what's already there.

I will reach out to Ablecommerce and post this and see if this is something they're willing to do for 9.0.6, if not, we will probably have to do it ourselves.

===========

Question to support: What developer in their right mind would hard-code information like this, Joe was probably right, it dates back 15 years.

Could you please have the courtesy of responding to this email so at least we know that this might be taken seriously?

Thank you for your assistance in this matter,
-Ray

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.