logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lyonsperf  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2021 7:04:03 AM(UTC)
Lyonsperf

Groups: Registered, HelpDesk

Coming off of using Oscommerce for many years, there were a ton of plugins available to customize the store.
I only see a few available for able.
I understand that Zapier can be integrated but it is confusing as to how to set it up and it also is an additional monthly cost to use.
Right now looking to add Stripe payment processor to an Able site. Also will be needing fedex and a way to handle dropshipping from various locations.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 2:25:10 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi there!

Thanks for letting us know about your needs for a payment gateway, etc. I am working on some ideas for the integration of Stripe by way of an upgrade to E-Payment plugin which we already have available.

For FedEx, I'd like to direct you to this link - https://www.ablecommerce...gin-for-AbleCommerce-900

Just use the Call Me payment method (no purchase needed) and we can help with the installation of this offsite plug-in.

For drop-shipping...we have vendor notification emails that can be used and the products can be setup with delivery from the vendor location. This is built-in and I'm happy to help you if you have any questions.

Give me a few days, and I'll see what we can do with the payment gateway.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
Lyonsperf  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 2:30:28 PM(UTC)
Lyonsperf

That sounds great!
Is there a list of available plugins for the software other than what is shown in the admin section?
Doesn't seem to be much considering the age of the company.
Katie S  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 2:49:46 PM(UTC)
Katie S

FedEx is the only one that we don't have built-into the software. (It's a long story...)

The truth is that we just added features to the software for many, many years and the plug-ins are already built-in (integrated) as well. If you think about it, we can provide a much nicer integration because the features of any particular plugin can carry across to other areas of the software.

I don't know much about OsCommerce, but you should find that, although our plugins may be fewer, they all have a tight integration with the software. It was only in our latest version that we have a new Plug-in menu where in our past versions, these were just part of the application. In other words, you don't have to find and install from some third-party to use our plug-ins.

We have partners who also develop plugins, but I haven't been able to keep up with their offerings. I hope someday we can pull together and offer a separate plugin gallery that includes all the AbleCommerce partners as well. It's something we've all talked about, but still working out the logistics of such a project.

Thanks for your support!

Katie
Lyonsperf  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 7:01:45 AM(UTC)
Lyonsperf

I did some research on adding Stripe payments to Able.
You can sign up to be a plug-in partner here https://stripe.com/partn...m#stripe-partner-program

And then create the integration

I think its crazy to pay a monthly fee to zapier for something that can be done in-house.
Katie S  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 11:00:19 AM(UTC)
Katie S

We are actually looking at upgrading the E-payment Integrator that is already built-in to the AbleCommerce software. The Stripe payment gateway is included in their latest release.

I don't think that using Zapier to utilize Stripe as a payment gateway would work anyway. The Zapier/Stripe integration is more about connecting sales to other apps. See https://zapier.com/apps/stripe/integrations

A stand-alone payment gateway, such as a certified Stripe payment gateway through their partner program typically takes 1-2 weeks to complete and test.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Lyonsperf  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 6:55:30 AM(UTC)
Lyonsperf

I spoke with the team at stripe and they said integration to Able must be initiated by your developers.
Lynsperf  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 7:30:59 AM(UTC)
Lynsperf

Groups: HelpDesk

How about a better html editor for the product and catagory descriptions?
TinyMCE and CK editor are nice and have a lot of features not currently available in the current editor.