logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2021 9:38:33 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Version 9.0.4

I am not certain if this is something that can simply be fixed by modifying the view file, but is critical to us, and we cannot launch until fixed.

Please see this post.
https://www.ablecommerce...9-Version-9-0-5#post3649

Please post a fix if it's something we can do ourselves - Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2021 6:27:27 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

An update, as a business that deals strictly with B2B, nowhere in the checkout process, including checking out as a guest, is there an option for a company name. This is a serious issue for us, and we will be reaching out to a developer to fix this.

Please confirm that this is fixed in version 9.0.5.

Many thanks
shaharyar  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 4:08:58 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Ray,

- You need to log in as an admin
- Enable CMS edit mode
- From the top right corner of the 'Edit Bill Address' widget container, open the widget settings pop up
- There you will find the option to display the company name

Hope it helps!
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 4:29:54 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

OK, maybe I spoke too soon, trying to do this in the backend because we have CMS disabled. CMS for us is a pain in the butt. Is there a way to do this in the backend without using CMS?
judy at Web2Market  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 7:03:10 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
You could change the code in the controller(s)
For example, in public ActionResult EditBillAddress(EditBillAddressParams parameters)

Change ShowCompanyField = parameters.ShowCompanyField, to ShowCompanyField = true,

public ActionResult _EditAddressForm(int addressId, string returnOption = "", bool showCompanyName = false, bool showFaxNo = false)

Change bool showCompanyName=true

If you don't want to change the controllers, you could change the view(s)
Change something like
@if (Model.ShowCompanyName)
{
<div class="form-group">
<label>@GetResourceString("retail.checkout._editaddressform.company_name")</label>
@Html.TextBoxFor(model => Model.Company, new { @class = "form-control" })
</div>
}

to
@*@if (Model.ShowCompanyName)*@
{
<div class="form-group">
<label>@GetResourceString("retail.checkout._editaddressform.company_name")</label>
@Html.TextBoxFor(model => Model.Company, new { @class = "form-control" })
</div>
@*}*@

There are several places- search for Company or CompanyName

ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 8:54:06 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hi Judy,

This is one of the areas that really needs improvement. I'm not a big fan of the CMS, so we turned it off. Obviously, when you make a change through the CMS, something in the database gets updated. I look for it, but I cannot find it.

You figured if you edit inner templates, all three of them, that would take care of the issue, it did not.

This setting need to be part of the backend admin, not hidden someplace that only those with the golden ring can find it. This is not logical, and it only hurts users trying to use this software.

I appreciate your input, since were going to have to rearrange the order of the fields. You also would figure that the billing layout, order of input values would match that of the shipping, it does not.

I love the software, but this part just makes no sense.

I appreciate your response,
Thanks
ray22901031  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 5:40:39 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hello shaharyar,

I have followed your suggestions to the letter and everything is working, but I have two questions which are essential to us.

#1. I had to use the CMS, as suggested to go to both the "Bill To" and "Ship To", and make the necessary changes. What area in the backend gets altered to reflect these changes. It's definitely not the inner templates. This is so I could better understand what's going on.

#2. The fields in the "Ship To" are not in the same order as the "Bill To", so I did a quick edit on the partial view. "_EditAddressForm.cshtml", and all is working. However, I dislike modifying files directly. So, I created under custom, a directory called checkout, and put a copy of the modified file there. However, the system is not picking it up, why? Isn't this what MVC is about?

I'm trying to better understand how you guys are applying MVC? - I appreciate your response, - thanks.

-Ray