logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2021 1:05:16 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Version 9.0.4

Under manage, payments, in the backend, "Search Payments" there is no option for "Deferred payment", under payment method, again critical for us.

Please confirm - many thanks.

-Ray

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Jay  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 4:42:45 PM(UTC)
Jay

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Is "Deferred Payment" a custom payment method you added? I don't see it anywhere. I am able to create a payment method, and it does show up as a choice in the Payment Method field in the Manage > Payments > Search Payments section.
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 4:53:32 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Version 9.0.4

Deferred Payment, is a built-in option in Ablecommerce when using the Admin Backend.

Note after the fact: I wonder if using the deferred payment method puts the order in a state of limbo, I believe this is what's happening, since the order payment method is not part of the backend picklist, the order is not seen.

Edited by user Monday, September 20, 2021 5:07:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jay  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 5:06:33 PM(UTC)
Jay

Hmm, maybe I deleted it because I wasn't going to use it. I don't see it in Configure > Payments > Methods. I'm not live with v 9 yet and haven't worked on it in a while.
ray22901031  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 5:08:23 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

No, not part of the Payment Picklist, built into Ablecommerce admin section.
Jay  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 5:12:56 PM(UTC)
Jay

Oh, I see what you mean. I didn't realize that was an option when entering an order via Admin. I'll try to test it tomorrow to see if I see the same thing you are.
ray22901031  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 5:14:33 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

It was a hidden surprise for us when we first saw it.
Jay  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 11:10:41 AM(UTC)
Jay

I tested with a deferred payment, and I do see the same thing; since there is no payment record, there is nothing to be returned in a search of payment records, so it doesn't show up on the Manage > Payments page.
I can see where it would be handy to have them show up somehow on that page, especially if someone is using that screen as a list of "here's the orders I need to follow up on for payment". One possibility (so the existing search code wouldn't have to be changed) would be a separate section or button to "Show Orders with Deferred Payment" (or even a more generic "Show Orders Without Payment", in case something odd happens and there are other reasons why an order doesn't have a payment).

Another idea (which would still be show up on the Orders page not the Payments page) would be to make "Deferred Payment" an order status that is set when Deferred Payment is chosen, so someone could search on that. Or, in your specific use case, have a "Quote" order status that you manually set (or automatically set with a customization) when you enter an order with Deferred Payment, and you could specify that order status on the Orders search page.

Or, create a "Quote" payment method using the "Purchase Order" Instrument Type, and use that instead of selecting the Deferred Payment option when creating the order. Then there would be a payment record, and you could filter on that payment method on the Manage > Payments screen.
ray22901031  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 11:21:14 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

I appreciate your efforts on this to verify. We dislike reinventing the wheel because the option was there, that is what we decided to use. Yes, I could create a custom payment type for this that would show up only for admin users using groups, but why would I do this if the option is already there.

The problem is when choosing the deferred payment, and because it's not part of the payment list, it will not show up even if using "Any".

Yes, I am aware that I can go to the order management area and view orders not paid, but that's also the purpose of the payment area and should be included.

There are numerous ways Ablecommerce can fix this:

#1. When choosing deferred payment, marked the order as deferred payment and add this payment type to the payment area.

#2. Have a checkbox on the payment area that says, "List deferred payments"

It's up to them to decide that this is important, as the owner of a company having FREE merchandise go out the door is important to me. The problem with this group is that they are very limited owners participating. This is something that a regular developer will not pick-up unless that developer has some accounting background.

Hopefully, this back-and-forth will show the importance to Ablecommerce to address this.

I appreciate your efforts.

Many Thanks,
-Ray

Edited by user Tuesday, September 21, 2021 11:47:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified