logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2021 1:00:36 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Version 9.0.4

Under manage, payments, in the backend, "Search Payments" there is no option for "Unpaid", I believe this was overlooked. Critical for us.

Please confirm - many thanks.

-Ray

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 3:52:27 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Unpaid is OrderPaymentStatus whereas in Manage - Payment - Search, we are giving the option for Payment Statuses. There is a difference. OrderPaymentStatus is associated with an order and for this you can go to Manage Orders screen where we have advance search filter for OrderPaymentStatus.
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 9:28:09 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Yes, I understand if I go to the Advanced Search We can view unpaid orders, you are approaching this from a software developer point of view, and I am approaching this from an accounting point of view.

If I apply the "All status option" and a valid order number, the order should come up, it does not.

You are playing with words, I'm playing with money here. There should be an option when searching for payments to view any order, regardless of any sub status which has not been paid. This is the proper accounting thing to do.

Hopefully, Mike and Katie can understand this point.

Thanks,
-Ray

And one day Niels Bohr turned to Einstein and said, "Einstein, you're being too logical, and you're not thinking"

Jay  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 4:34:09 PM(UTC)
Jay

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
"If I apply the "All status option" and a valid order number, the order should come up, it does not."
I'm not seeing that.
If I go to Manage > Payments and enter an order number and choose the appropriate date range (leaving no payment method selected and payment status at All), the order does show up when I hit search.
ray22901031  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 4:52:05 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Using version 9.0.4, that is not the result we are showing down here. I wonder if this has to do with the FTS, which we instigated a few weeks ago. Since the order number is only five characters in length, and Ablecommerce seems to have problems with FTS in anything less than seven characters, if that could be the issue?

I can assure you, the order is not coming up in, regardless of date range, "All Status" and a valid five character order number.

However, just doing a query on "All Status" does not return the order in question. Please note, that the payment was deferred using the Ablecommerce built-in deferred method, this is discussed in another post.

I wonder if this built-in payment method which only shows up in the admin section is causing the problems.

Edited by user Monday, September 20, 2021 4:56:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jay  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 5:09:28 PM(UTC)
Jay

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You're probably right that it has to do with FTS and/or Deferred Payment. I don't have FTS installed, and as I mentioned in the other thread I must have deleted the Deferred Payment method. Not sure how I'd get that back, so I can't test it.
ray22901031  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 5:13:16 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Using version 9.0.4, do a test order using the Admin background, when you get to the very end for payment, you will see one of the options is "Deferred Payment". This is great for us since we do customer quotes all the time, we deferred the option for payment until the customer approves the quote, and decides either to pay by credit card, check, or wire transfer.