logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 7:09:21 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Trying to make a new test install. I need to make sure I'm doing this right, because it's not working for me.

I make a folder
I unzip the AC904 download zip file which includes the /Lib/ and /Website/ folders along with the solution file
I open VS 2019
I open The AbleCommerce solution file within VS 2019

The solution file contains one project called AbleCommerce. The project loads correctly.

I expand the AbleCommerce project, and then expand the References folder. Every single reference has the yellow triangle and is a broken reference.

What am I doing wrong?

I look in the AbleCommerce.csproj and I see all the references have a hint path that points to a \packages\ folder like this:
Quote:
<HintPath>..\packages\NHibernate.5.0.3\lib\net461\NHibernate.dll</HintPath>

But the zip file didn't contain a \packages\ folder.

So how is someone supposed to rebuild the project if the references are all broken? Will VS just automatically reload them on a rebuild?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 7:20:37 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Once opened in VS you need to save the project that will create a solution (.sln) file and Packages folder on a specified path.
I hope this helps!
thanks 1 user thanked shaharyar for this useful post.
Joe Payne2 on 7/28/2021(UTC)
Joe Payne2  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 7:49:50 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Holy cow that worked! I didn't have an option to save the solution, I had not made any changes to it.

So I just closed the solution, then re-opened the solution. Now there is a /packages/ folder and all the references are connected. And I am able to build the project without errors.

Why in the world does Visual Studio do that to us??

Thank you for that tip, huge help!
judy at Web2Market  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 9:03:09 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I just had that happen to me yesterday. Thought I was going nuts. Also got a languages error when I tried to compile, but it went away also.