logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MaximillianC  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 8:13:12 PM(UTC)
MaximillianC

Groups: Developers

Hello,

I see we can add coupons to orders when we are creating them through the AC order management page (when you get to the payment screen, similarly to when a user is checking out), but I cannot see a way to add them after the order has already been created. Sometimes customers forget to add coupons to their orders, and wish to add them after the fact. I suppose we can Add Other Item to just add a discount, but then there are no restrictions on the amount and description, like there are when you use the coupon functionality. Is there a way in here somewhere I'm missing, to add a coupon to an order after the order has been created? Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 9:15:02 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi Maximillian,

I asked the same question about three months ago, below is the link to the discussion.

https://www.ablecommerce...357-Discount-coupon-code

I really like this shopping cart however, there are a lot of these little things which other shopping carts take for granted that Ablecommerce seems to ignore. For us, this is very important because, we need to keep track of how many times the coupon code has been used. Applying a credit after the order is problematic for multiple reasons, besides the coupon code not getting counted, the coupon code might refer to a specific item or group, where a discount code for the entire order would represent the entire order.

If you're running multiple promotions, your operators in the backend, would have to keep track of what promotions are being run against what coupon codes, especially if they reference only specific items.

It's little things like this that for me really holds back the potential of this shopping cart. We both know how the real world works, and having the ability to add a coupon code after an order is placed should be a given.

I hope this helps.
-Ray
MaximillianC  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 10:39:23 PM(UTC)
MaximillianC

Groups: Developers

Ahhhh, thank you for saving me the wait of a response from the AC staff, Ray. 😀. And, yes, +1 on all of your points in your thread. If I personally can write the code to do this, then AC should have. I just can't afford to be constantly donating my development time to fill in holes like this (which, like you said, aren't generally present in other, more-widely-used products)... and charging my clients billable hours to fix shortcomings in a product which my clients are on due to my recommendation is also not a reasonable option.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 16, 2020 10:41:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified