logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rlopez397954  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 10:23:15 AM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Groups: Authorized User, Registered, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When updating encryption key, there is no update status during the process and the last update at the top of the screen does not change. I've cleared cookies and re-checked.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

rlopez397954  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 10:49:13 AM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Adding more info regarding this issue. This is the latest build 9.0.3 upgraded seven days ago from the 9.0.2 build. Now after 24 hrs I'm receiving multiple (many errors). Has anyone from Ablecommerce taken a look at this post? If so, your help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
shari  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 11:31:30 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi,

Can you please share some of the detail of the error that is coming after the upgrade? Are all the errors related to a common issue?

Thanks

judy at Web2Market  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 6:09:43 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
One of my colleagues ran into what sounds like the same issue:
https://www.ablecommerce...t-Restore-Encryption-Key
rlopez397954  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 2:14:36 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Shari I'm just seeing your response as I did not get a notification via email on a reply from this forum. After performing the upgrade from 9.0.2 to 9.0.3 I realized that the Encryption key had not been updated since 10/15/2019. My estimated records showed: 12 and Encryption Key last update 10/15/2019.

Process as follows.
1. DB backed up
2. Encryption Key backed up
3. Typed 20 plus characters
4. Clicked on Change Encryption Key button
5. Screen updates but during the update there no process showing the records being updated (Like Gold 12)
6. Screen still shows 12 records and shows last update of 10/15/2019

As a note: this is the first time I had performed the Encryption Key maintenance in Able9 since we launched (My Bad). However, I'm wondering if this was already there from the earlier version. Also, after I upgraded I looked back at Upgrade history and it did not post the last upgrade. As of now I'm getting 500 errors on both available and past upgrades area's through admin.

Hope this helps.
Ricky

Edit: Here is a copy of the errors I was getting yesterday but, not seeing any today. It was up to around 800 reccords.

"Exception: query did not return a unique result: 2
Stack Trace: at NHibernate.Impl.AbstractQueryImpl.UniqueElement(IList list)
at NHibernate.Impl.CriteriaImpl.UniqueResult[T]()
at CommerceBuilder.Users.UserRepository.LoadForUserName(String userName, Boolean createMissing)
at CommerceBuilder.Services.Membership.WebUserLocator.Locate()
at CommerceBuilder.Common.AbleContext.get_User()
at AbleCommerce.Code.ValidatePageAttribute.OnActionExecuting(ActionExecutingContext filterContext)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<.cctor>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Action action)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
"

"Exception: query did not return a unique result: 2
Stack Trace: at NHibernate.Impl.AbstractQueryImpl.UniqueElement(IList list)
at NHibernate.Impl.CriteriaImpl.UniqueResult[T]()
at CommerceBuilder.Users.UserRepository.LoadForUserName(String userName, Boolean createMissing)
at CommerceBuilder.Services.Membership.WebUserLocator.Locate()
at CommerceBuilder.Common.AbleContext.get_User()
at CommerceBuilder.Services.PageTracker.a(HttpApplication A_0, HttpContext A_1)
"

Edited by user Tuesday, November 10, 2020 2:23:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: more inforamtion

shari  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 2:25:51 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi,

Sorry for the issue you are facing related to encryption key updates. We already started a discussion on encryption-related UI issues. It will be fixed and improved once decided.

For now, please go through the last comment in the following forum thread. Hope it will fix your problem.
https://www.ablecommerce...t-Restore-Encryption-Key

The error details you shared don't seem related to the encryption issue. It is related to loading users from the database.
If you can share some related steps that resulted in such errors, it will be easier to find the cause.

Thank you
rlopez397954  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 2:40:58 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

So, after following through the earlier instructions regarding Encryption key install or renew from a earlier post after migration I ran the query on the ac_payments table and it came back with 0 records found. I also checked my App_Data/Encryption key config file and there is a key in it. However, checking further I see there is also a encryption_default.config file in the app directory as well, with no key in it. Is this file supposed to be there?

One last note: I don't know if this is a different problem or if it pertains to encryption issue's but all customer completed orders, under the payment tab, shows (Account Details: Account data storage or SSL has been disabled). I have SSL enabled on the whole site. I'm just a little confused?

Please help.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I have resolved the encryption key update for my circumstances. As it turns out when your subscription expires, your production site will be locked down. This can happen 24 hrs prior to a renewal subscription date. (BE AWARE) won't go into details. However, after renewing the subscription your license details in the Admin side panel will indicate that you are up to date for whatever months ahead i.e.. Now I did not realize that I still needed to install the new License key issued as well. After Installing new License Key I was able to update encryption key.All appears OK at this time.

As far as the User payment tab details (Account Details: Account data storage or SSL has been disabled). It turns out it is only happening with PayPal completed orders. I can either start a new post or have Ablecommerce take a look and see if this is a bug or what needs to be done to fix this.

Thanks Again.

Edited by user Sunday, November 22, 2020 9:49:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Resolved Problem

Joe Payne2  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 8:02:14 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
That sounds like a design flaw in the licensing architecture. If the admin side panel is saying your license is up to date, there should be no further action required on the part of the admin.

I would assume a license that shows 'expires 11/23/2020' would be valid until midnight that same day. I'd like to see Able confirm that is indeed the case.

Definitely start a new post for the PayPal issue - it would help greatly to draw attention to the issue so it doesn't get lost in shuffle on this post. I'm anxious to see what you learn about the problem.