logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 12:13:45 PM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I am adding fields to the batch edit product page and when the page loads, the fields show OK.
I have an error when I save or save and close and so far haven't been able to find the section of code to step into to find the error. The entry in the error log doesn't give a line number, just one about a duplicate key has been added.
Where is the method in the controller? I thought it might be the following, but debugging isn't hitting it.
[HttpPost]
[ValidateAntiForgeryToken]
public ActionResult ListBatchEditProducts(BatchEditBatchProductsModel batchModelList, string SaveOnly,
ProductsModel criteria, int page = 0, int maxPageSize = 0) public ActionResult ListBatchEditProducts(BatchEditBatchProductsModel batchModelList, string SaveOnly,
ProductsModel criteria, int page = 0, int maxPageSize = 0)

Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shari  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 2:25:55 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
This is the method you are looking for. This action should be called on Save/SaveAndClose button.

Can you please share the error details? Also if you can share more details so that I can reproduce the issue on my end.

Thanks
judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 6:36:19 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

I hadn't posted the error because I was assuming this was custom code causing the issue. I have reverted the view and controller method back to default code and still get the error. When I add a debug point into the beginning of the method, it doesn't get triggered, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot. This did work OK on another 9.0.3 site so maybe this is a data issue- the site was upgraded from R12. Error is following and I hate these error descriptions! They are so obscure.:
An error has occured at http://localhost/Able9B6432Test1/Admin/Product/ListBatchEditProducts View less
Exception: An item with the same key has already been added.Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Generic.CollectionExtensions.ToDictionaryFast[TKey,TValue](TValue[] array, Func`2 keySelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer) at System.Web.Mvc.ModelBindingContext.get_PropertyMetadata() at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindProperty(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, PropertyDescriptor propertyDescriptor) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindProperties(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindComplexElementalModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, Object model) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindComplexModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.GetPropertyValue(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, PropertyDescriptor propertyDescriptor, IModelBinder propertyBinder) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindProperty(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, PropertyDescriptor propertyDescriptor) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindProperties(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindComplexElementalModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, Object model) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindComplexModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.UpdateCollection(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, Type elementType) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindComplexModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.GetPropertyValue(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, PropertyDescriptor propertyDescriptor, IModelBinder propertyBinder) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindProperty(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, PropertyDescriptor propertyDescriptor) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindProperties(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindComplexElementalModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext, Object model) at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultModelBinder.BindComplexModel(ControllerContext controllerContext, ModelBindingContext bindingContext) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.GetParameterValue(ControllerContext controllerContext, ParameterDescriptor parameterDescriptor) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.GetParameterValues(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.b__19(AsyncCallback asyncCallback, Object asyncState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.Begin(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Int32 timeout) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.BeginInvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.b__1c(AsyncCallback asyncCallback, Object asyncState, ExecuteCoreState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallBeginDelegate(AsyncCallback callback, Object callbackState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.Begin(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Int32 timeout) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.BeginExecuteCore(AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.Begin(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Int32 timeout) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.BeginExecute(RequestContext requestContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__4(AsyncCallback asyncCallback, Object asyncState, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallBeginDelegate(AsyncCallback callback, Object callbackState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.Begin(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Int32 timeout) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
shari  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 6:54:36 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
It seems that there is some customization left that is causing the issue. A quick search for the error details suggests.

https://stackoverflow.co...y-has-already-been-added

Please look into this solution. May be its related.
judy at Web2Market  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 7:14:30 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Thanks, I found it. I had added values twice in the model- one with lower case and one with upper case first letters. I hadn't reverted the model back to default code when I was testing earlier today.