logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 9:08:05 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hello support,

I had to modify the "_BuyProductDialog.cshtml" file in order to remove the 2 column div which contained the options and the kitting views. I of course followed the MVC protocols and created the directory structure under my theme, moved a copy of the file there and modified it. After clearing my browser cache and resetting IIS, all is working well.

However, when a user clicks on an option or uses the drop-down list, the form will refresh itself, and when it does, it reverts back to the original view file that's located under site > view, completely ignoring the file under my theme. This of course is an easy fix, because if I just modify the file at the site > view level, everything is okay.

But this defeats the purpose of MVC doesn't it?

Sorry to be throwing so much stuff at you, but I really love the software and I wish to make it as bug free as possible.

I would love to send you a video, but it looks like your system is having issues uploading attachments. Once this is fixed, let me know and and I will upload the video for you.

Many Thanks

Edited by user Monday, November 2, 2020 9:53:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shari  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 10:37:16 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Ray,

I am unable to reproduce the issue. I can see the form updated after selecting the option item and it's still using the view file under my theme folder.

Can you please try again to attach a video? Maybe it's related to the customizations.

Thanks.
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 12:08:30 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

as mentioned in the email, I am not able to upload an attachment, please check your system. There is no customization to speak of, I can produce this problem quite easily and once you see the video you will be able to produce it as well. This probably has to do with your clear fix code in the file.

Please fix the ability for me to upload and you can see for yourself.

Many thanks
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 4:34:19 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Enclosed are two files and the movie, the first file that ends in "- original" is the original file for "_BuyProductDialog.cshtml", and the second file is the one that was modified in a few places. It was modified so the container shows one div versus two divs.

In my system, the modified file is located in my theme, the original file is under site > view. When you look at the movie, and the page loads, you will see that it loads my modified file under themes, but see what happens when there's a change on the page, the page reloads and now it points to the file under site > view. You see me refresh the browser, which then displays the file under my theme again.

There is no customization here. I hope you can see what's going on so this can be properly identified and fixed. Unless there's a specific setting in IIS that I need to be aware of, you should be able to mimic this behavior with no problem.

Please note, I have never submitted a bug report that I have not been able to prove.

I hope this helps and many thanks.

PS: you seem to have a problem with the system when uploading files, the dialog box will not close, also the system is not sending out proper notifications when a post gets updated, you may wish to reset it.

BuyProductDialog.zip (1,775kb) downloaded 13 time(s).

------ UPDATE ------
As you can see you're not able to download the attached file, there is a problem with your system that needs to be fixed so others can upload files as well.

You can download the file here - www.arsradio.com/images/BuyProductDialog.zip

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2020 4:42:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shari  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 2:19:46 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Thanks for all the details but still I am not able to reproduce the issue.

I am also sharing a video clip. In the first 50s, the view file from the theme folder is being used. After that, I removed the view from the theme folder and restarted the application, and then it starts using the view file from the default folder.

Sorry but I am unable to understand what could be the cause at your side.

BuyProductDialog.zip (16,720kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

UPDATE: You will not be able to download the video.
We are looking for any issue in the forums application.

Thanks

Edited by user Wednesday, November 4, 2020 2:21:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:05:37 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

I am sorry you're having difficulties trying to mimic the problem but I can assure you, it exists. Based on your explanation I went to the site > view and deleted the "_BuyProductDialog.cshtml" file. Obviously I kept my file in my theme.

Here is what occurred.

The system loaded properly and I was able to go inside the detailed view of the product, was able to manipulate the options, and it worked perfectly. However, when you tried to click on the quick view, nothing happened.

I have already pointed out other bugs in the system were things don't always point where they need to. In this particular case, it looks like the actual detailed view points to my theme, but the quick view points to the site > view.

Please delete the file under the site > view directory and see if you come to the same conclusion.

If the detailed view works perfectly without the file in the site > view, but the quick view does not what does that imply?

Thanks
shari  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:17:32 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Quote:
Based on your explanation I went to the site > view and deleted the "_BuyProductDialog.cshtml" file. Obviously, I kept my file in my theme.

You don't have to delete the view file from the default folder. I have removed the view file from the theme folder to see if it gets back to the original file or not.
shari  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Just to confirm that you are using 9.0.3 latest release?
shari  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:26:29 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Quote:
Please delete the file under the site > view directory and see if you come to the same conclusion.

Again I went and deleted the view file from the site => view folder and tested the quick view option. It worked perfectly fine using the view file from the theme folder.

I will look further to find the reason for your problem. You can also share any further details that would help in finding the actual issue.

One thing you can do is to restart the application and test with a fresh separate browser. Just to make sure there is no caching problem.
ray22901031  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:52:04 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

This is indeed an interesting problem, I have restarted the application at IIS and use different browsers. Some time next week when I have time, I will install a fresh copy of Ablecommerce and try it again. Since I have access to multiple servers, I will also try this on my other servers.

If I can still replicate the problem, I will reach out to Joe so he can better documented it, since he has more experience.

Just to make sure that the file is properly located under my theme, the file should be located at:
Themes > MyTheme > Views > Product > File is here

Is the above correct?

Either way, worst case scenario, I can manipulate the file under site >view.

Thanks
shari  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:56:30 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Quote:
Just to make sure that the file is properly located under my theme, the file should be located at:
Themes > MyTheme > Views > Product > File is here

Is the above correct?

Yes, this is correct.

One more thing, are you using the default sample theme or your custom theme. Maybe it is because of using custom theme.
Let me try using a custom theme.
shari  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 4:06:59 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Ray,

I am able to reproduce the issue using a custom theme. This is surely a problem and it seems this is related to this thread
https://www.ablecommerce...-Product---default-image

Thank you for helping in finding the actual issue. I am going to report this as a bug.

ray22901031  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 4:24:56 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Thank you, thank you, thank you

I knew when the "quick view" was not working, that it was looking for the file in the wrong place. Same issue as the "default image".

So grateful that you are able to reproduce the problem and at the same time, in the future, I will be a little bit more detail with my emails. I guess that if I had posted my directory structure you would have noticed that I was using a custom theme and not the sample theme.

I'll try to be more detail in the future.

thank you for your patience and following up.
shari  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 4:33:05 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

For now, to fix the issues, you can take a backup of the Sample theme and use the Sample theme as your store default theme.
ray22901031  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 4:39:30 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

>>> For now, to fix the issues, you can take a backup of the Sample theme and use the Sample theme as your store default theme. <<<

Not concerned about it, will manipulate the file at the higher level for now.

One last thing, if you noticed on some of my previous threads, going back a couple of months, I was complaining that my view files under my themes were not working properly and started to question if I was using the proper directory structure.

Now it all makes sense, I had to overwrite some of the cshtml files at the site level because putting them in my theme just wasn't working for me. But when version 9.0.3 came out, you guys took care of a lot of the issues for me. You're the one that help me with my MAP pricing problem, where the actual price was being shown in the source code (version 9.0.2), but not the front end. Putting that file in my theme didn't work, so I had to keep it at the site level.

Now it's all making a lot of sense, so in the future, when I put a view file in my theme and it doesn't work, we now have a pretty good idea why.

Again thank you, Mystery solved!
ray22901031  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 7:44:18 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hi Shari,

>>>For now, to fix the issues, you can take a backup of the Sample theme and use the Sample theme as your store default theme.<<<

just need some clarification on this, if I were to copy my theme and put it in the sample theme are you saying it would work, in other words just rename my theme "RFL01" to "sample"?

Obviously I would have to go into the admin and point to the new theme.

Just wanted to make sure
thanks
shari  
#17 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 1:49:00 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Quote:
if I were to copy my theme and put it in the sample theme are you saying it would work, in other words just rename my theme "RFL01" to "sample"?

Yes, I think it should work.