logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2020 6:01:02 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I have an order that has been created, the order is saved but I forgot to add the discount coupon code for that particular product. When I go to order manager and I edit the order, I can't find anywhere where I can enter the discount coupon code.

What am I missing?

Many Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shari  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 10:14:54 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
We don't have the ability to add coupon code to an existing order. Coupon code can only be added while creating the order.

As a workaround, if its a coupon code with a simple calculation, you can add a credit item to an existing order by manually adding the amount.
ViewOrder - Items Tab - Add Other Item

Thanks
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 10:21:45 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

thank you for your reply, it's problematic because doing it after the fact does not tell me how many times the coupon code has been used. Is there a specific reason why you don't let an administrator enter a coupon code after the fact? this makes no sense to me.

Many thanks
Katie S  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 11:05:33 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Coupons can be setup to have multiple calculations. For example, a coupon based on the order total. Coupons can also be excluded from products, taxes, and shipping. With this in mind, we don't have the functionality to validate the coupons according to the rules it may have. Once the order is generated, the items are not viewed the same as they are in the basket at checkout time.

It is a requested feature, but unfortunately, to implement coupons post-order and have validation, it would take a considerable rewrite of code. We've looked into this several times. If you are only concerned about the coupon usage counts, then it might be possible to write some custom code that would take care of this aspect. Otherwise, there are many options to add a credit or debit to an existing order.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
ray22901031  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 11:23:27 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

I appreciate your reply, but I don't understand the big deal. This is normal behavior for just about every other shopping cart that I've ever dealt with. This is a simple coupon to reduce the price of a single SKU, nothing complicated at all. This is a major sticking point for us unfortunately.