logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sweeperqb  
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 2:11:22 PM(UTC)
sweeperqb

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you Mazhar. I was able to prevent my code from firing on reads when order items weren't dirty.

Two questions...

1) Do I have to call
Code:
base.BeforeSave()
? If so, is it supposed to run before or after my code?

2)
Code:
BeforeSave()
fires twice when an order is created, and the OrderItems are dirty each time. I'm assuming it has to do with some other Order relations being updated after the order is saved, or maybe because I'm using a development version and it is updating everything to DEMO, DEMO. On the first pass my OrderItem Ids are all 0. On the second pass they have their identity value. Again, dirty both times. I would expect them to no longer be dirty after the first save. I actually need the OrderItem Id in order to match up with the entry in the inventory system so I was going to use
Code:
AfterSave()
, but wasn't sure how to identify it as a Insert or Update once it is no longer transient and has an id assigned?
sweeperqb  
#22 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 3:40:07 PM(UTC)
sweeperqb

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Okay, since the BeforeSave seemed to be firing multiple times, and I needed the ID for new order items anyway, I ended up creating a custom NHibernate listener and implementing the IPostInsertEventListener, IPostUpdateEventListener, and IPostDeleteEventListener interfaces instead. I am able to implement this as part of my plug-in. The downside is that I have to manually register them in the NHibernte.config file within the website using:

Code:
    <listener class="InventoryPlugin.CustomOrmListener, InventoryPlugin" type="post-commit-insert" />
    <listener class="InventoryPlugin.CustomOrmListener, InventoryPlugin" type="post-commit-update" />
    <listener class="InventoryPlugin.CustomOrmListener, InventoryPlugin" type="post-commit-delete" />

By doing things this way, it appears we have access to all of the NHibernate functionality we need to determine which fields are dirty and can decide whether any inventory updates need to be issued. I believe we've also figured out why BeforeSave was firing multiple times and why the OrderItem was dirty each time...

It has to do with the ParentItem property on the OrderItem. After a new OrderItem is created, the ParentItem property is set to the current ID which forces another Update. Makes sense since you do not know what the ID is until after it is saved. We found out that this also causes an additional Update during Delete operations; The ParentItem is set to 0, forcing an Update, then it is Deleted with a second operation.

Adding custom dirty property detection will make this a little messier than we'd hoped, but at least should be workable.