logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brant25348293  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2024 10:17:35 AM(UTC)
brant25348293

Groups: HelpDesk

When successful automatic orders are happening in the system for an annual renewal, there are no digital goods populating for any recurring order and almost all of our orders require digital goods to be downloaded. This necessitates removing the item from that order and replacing the item with the discounted pricing to get the digital goods to populate on the order for download. Is there a setting we can change in AbleCommerce to make the automatic annual orders populate the digital goods (including variant differences) so that we do not have to manually correct every order? If so, what setting are we missing to attach the digital goods on recurring automatic orders?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2024 3:49:34 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I'm trying to understand the issue...please bear with me.

The first order has a product with assigned Digital Good.

The next recurring order has the same product, but with a different Digital Good attached.

The problem is that you are not seeing the updated Digital Good for the new recurring order. Is that right?

Could be bug. I will need to test, but my dev environment is 'out-of-order' right now. I'm waiting for some help to get it fixed.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
brant25348293  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2024 12:47:59 PM(UTC)
brant25348293

Groups: HelpDesk

Originally Posted by: Katie S Go to Quoted Post
I'm trying to understand the issue...please bear with me.

The first order has a product with assigned Digital Good.

The next recurring order has the same product, but with a different Digital Good attached.

The problem is that you are not seeing the updated Digital Good for the new recurring order. Is that right?

Could be bug. I will need to test, but my dev environment is 'out-of-order' right now. I'm waiting for some help to get it fixed.

Not exactly Katie, the first order that the customer places has a digital good assigned to it. When the automatic order takes place the following year, there are no digital goods attached to that automatic order that AbleCommerce created without the customer entering it from our store. It should be the same exact digital good from the previous year and the product has not changed but on the automatic order, there are no digital goods at all.
Katie S  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2024 1:37:41 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Quote:
the first order that the customer places has a digital good assigned to it. When the automatic order takes place the following year, there are no digital goods attached to that automatic order that AbleCommerce created without the customer entering it from our store. It should be the same exact digital good from the previous year and the product has not changed but on the automatic order, there are no digital goods at all.

I have another test started for this use case. However, I don't quite understand why you would use the same digital good for the future orders. Typically, when subscriptions are used with digital goods, the subscription has a Group defined. Then the digital good is assigned to the Group. When the subscription expires, the user is removed from the group and no longer has access to the digital good. This is how we designed Subscriptions to work with digital good fulfillment.

In your case, all the user needs to do is view their account to see the download:

digital-good-ff.png (108kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

The digital good from the first order will always appear. What is the purpose of giving them the same download for future orders? Maybe it's not appearing because the file already exists for the customer.

I'll know more when my test completes in 3 days.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting