logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2024 11:41:34 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We have a site that shows this error any time anything in the maintenance routine runs, for each step in the routine.
ExecuteReader requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed

I put in code to log the open connections before it runs and it displays one open connection, as it always does in admin system reports.
I have looked through the code for ExecuteReader in custom code and all custom code uses NHibernate.
I looked in Sql Server settings, comparing all the properties with another database and they were the same.
Have you seen this before? Can you give any help? All the Google results I find refer to custom sql using sql data commands, etc, not nHibernate.
Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2024 7:46:40 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi Judy,

This will need to be answered by a developer. Our lead dev is out of the office until next week. I will ask him to update then.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2024 10:01:40 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

I think the issue is in deleting the page views.
I constructed sql scripts to run the MaintainUsers routine on these two sites.
On the first one, they had > 1,000,000 anonymous users going back to 2001. The sql script to delete pageviews ran around 20 minutes then stopped because transaction log was full. Then after 15 minutes it stopped again.
The second site had 223,000 anonymous users and the script to delete page views stopped twice because transaction log was full. After the second time, I checked and there were still 18,000,000 entries in the page views table.
I finally just had to truncate the table to get things to finish up.
I think this is probably because of bots. They are more and more affecting our sites- enough that we have had to start using under attack mode on ClouldFlare at times.
Have you had issues on the sites you host?
Katie S  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2024 5:59:55 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Hi Judy,

No, we haven't had anything near these numbers. Any past maintenance issues were resolved in Gold, as far as I remember. These seem like extreme cases, and I have had a number of issues with bots these days. Everything from contact form spamming to payment card attacks. So frustrating.

Using manual SQL scripts is, unfortunately, the best way to deal with the excessive records - especially since the transaction logging is impacted and causing additional problems.

We have been thinking about implementing Cloudflare, but I was worried about costs.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
judy at Web2Market  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2024 7:46:20 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

There is a free CloudFlare account that has the basics and I believe it has the under attack option with it.
Sucuri also has bot protection features and it starts at 9.99 a month.
Katie S  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2024 8:39:53 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Thanks Judy. Appreciate the info. I've been recommending CloudFlare to several people now, and I didn't know they had a free version. I will be looking into this for sure.
Thanks for your support!

Katie