logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2024 9:59:59 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We have a 908 site that was in development before AC issued the CMS Data update plugin. When Katie first sent me the file, I believe she said that it would have to be installed before development began on the site. We are ready to launch the upgrade and I'm having issues getting the CMS data across with data scripts I have created. I've looked at the source code and it doesn't look like it uses entries that were made during development. Is it OK to run it when we are ready to launch? Also, when you configure it, what database do you enter? It's confusing to me - is is supposed to be the credentials for the development database.
Like this:
Do dev site.
Upgrade Gold site to AC9
Install the plugin on new AC9 site.
Enter dev database credentials into the plugin page.
Is this correct?
Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2024 10:10:51 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
It would have to be installed before development began on the site

This is correct. If CMS changes are already done, you can't use the Data Merge plugin now. In this case, you will use the changes already done.
When the plugin is installed, it creates a new table in the database that tracks the CMS changes during development. If the plugin is installed after the changes it would not have the track of those CMS changes.

I hope I made it clear!

shaharyar  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2024 10:14:29 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
Also, when you configure it, what database do you enter?

The plugin is installed on the dev site, when configured you have to enter the LIVE database credentials so that it inserts the CMS changes from the DEV to the LIVE database.

The plugin is supposed to be installed when you start making CMS changes to the DEV site.
The configuration becomes relevant only when you are done making CMS changes and now want to finally move changes from the DEV site to the LIVE site.