logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nethrelm  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2023 2:25:21 PM(UTC)
nethrelm

Groups: Developers

An IP Address got put on the Banned IPs list by accident. It has since been deleted from that list. It's been over an hour and they still cannot access our website and receive a 403 Forbidden response when they try. I don't quite know how this system is meant to work, but I recall reading in the merchant guide that it can take some time (like an hour maybe?) for IPs that are added to the list to actually be restricted, but it didn't say anything about when they are removed from the list. I don't even know where the list is handled by the code... I'm assuming it must be in the CommerceBuilder.Licensing.dll because I looked through the code in the CommerceBuilder project but did not see any code that is responsible for actually blocking the addresses in the BlockedIPs table. Please explain how this system works and how I can get an accidentally banned IP unbanned ASAP.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2023 4:28:21 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Try to recycle the application pool.

The list is store in the database, in the ac_BannedIps table. You can check there and confirm it's actually removed.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
nethrelm  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2023 9:05:14 AM(UTC)
nethrelm

Groups: Developers

Thanks Katie, I found it in the merchant guide again and yeah it's because of caching (though it says it should only take about 30 minutes but we were well over that and they were still being treated as banned). I'm still not sure where the code that actually handles the response to those banned IPs is located, but I assume it must be in the AbleCommerceHttpModule in the CommerceBuilder.Licensing library since I couldn't find it in the regular CommerceBuilder library or elsewhere in the AbleCommerce web application code. Anyway, thank you for the fast response.