logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2023 6:13:38 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I haven't checked this myself. The merchant has his payment gateway set to not place orders where the payment fails, like with CVV mismatch. He says he has to find those orders in the gateway- they aren't in AC- and void the payment authorization himself. It would be good if AC could void the authorization when the order is deleted/ whatever happens during checkout.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2023 9:35:51 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Slightly confused.

The two scenarios.

- An order is first authorized and then captured, usually at a later date.
- Order is authorized and captured at the same time; this is also known as a charge.

Please note if an authorization passes the expiration date, typically nowadays seven days or less, when you try to capture, and the capture fails, it will then automatically reauthorize and grab at the same time, also known as a charge.

The gateway automatically will not authorize an order if it's fraud protection system triggers something like a setting where the CVV fails. However, it is logged in the daily transactional report of the gateway.

I believe AbleCommerce has a setting to record the transaction or not. It is a good idea to record this transaction for many reasons.

One should never combine deleting and voiding an order, as these are two separate steps. An authorization will automatically expire, unless you void it inside AbleCommerce, or go to the gateway itself and void it there.

Deleting information is never a good idea.

Hope this helps,
-Ray

Edited by user Monday, June 12, 2023 9:37:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2023 3:02:30 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

The merchant doesn't want the customer to have to wait for the authorization to automatically expire because of the hold it puts on funds.
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2023 6:12:11 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Then have the client just void the authorization from within AbleCommerce. Combining the deletion of an order, which is ill-advised in case of an audit, just ask your accountant, and voiding an authorization on a transaction are two entirely different things.

Having a record of a voided transaction is extremely beneficial for future reference, especially in the case of chargebacks.

Just my two cents on doing accounting for my company for the last 32 years.

-Ray

Katie S  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2023 2:38:01 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi Judy,

What checkout setting are they using in AbleCommerce for Order Payments?

- Do not create order unless it has a successful payment
- Always create order even if payment fails

I'm confused by this issue:

Quote:
The merchant has his payment gateway set to not place orders where the payment fails, like with CVV mismatch. He says he has to find those orders in the gateway- they aren't in AC- and void the payment authorization himself.

If the merchant doesn't want the order created, then they should have the first option set. As far as I know, there would not be a transaction (authorization) in the merchant's payment gateway or an order in AbleCommerce when the payment fails.

When the second option is selected, then there would be an order in AbleCommerce and the payment transaction is automatically voided.

Either way, what he is saying doesn't make sense.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
judy at Web2Market  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2023 6:47:41 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

OK, thanks. He hadn't given me a specific example and I hadn't checked his settings. I'll investigate further.