logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rlopez397954  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2022 6:06:39 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Groups: Authorized User, Registered, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Looking for any suggestions for a good simple HTML Merge tool that's up to date. I have been using the old Sourceforge one for many years, but this one is really out of date. I know VS works great but when you need to merge a file on the fly I've always found this way to be the easiest.

I have found several online, but it would be great if anyone has a suggestion or any feedback.

Thanks again for your help.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2022 7:42:34 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Notepad++ with the Combine Plugin.

WeBuilder - my favorite editor of all time and all around work tool. I love this program

-Ray

Edited by user Thursday, November 3, 2022 7:44:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rlopez397954  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2022 8:32:43 AM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Ray thanks you for your input. I'll take a look.
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2022 8:36:27 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
The ultimate tool seems to be "Beyond Compare", which I have a copy of, but hardly ever use. I do believe there's a free version somewhere out there that's extremely similar, not sure of the name. I'm pretty sure somebody on this forum knows what I'm referring to.

Hope this helps,
-Ray

PS: Just Checked - It’s WinMerge (FREE)

Edited by user Friday, November 4, 2022 8:38:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rlopez397954  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2022 10:05:22 AM(UTC)
rlopez397954

WinMerge has been around for a long time and I have used it before in it's earlier days. Not much has changed with it over the last 15 years or so.

I'm going to give Beyond Compare a trial as it seems more powerful with better functions. Like I said, I don't need a HTML editor as I use VS Studio and VS Code.

My Goal: I Just need to see a quick snap shot of the Ablecommerce change log with directories and files, that have been changed in their upgrades, rather than looking at their change log numbers and descriptions. It helps me to understand their full changes and be able to merge code quickly into our custom directories for the upgrades.

Thanks again for your feedback greatly appreciated!!

Edited by user Friday, November 4, 2022 10:06:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified