logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 6:09:23 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We have a site that upgraded to 9.0.6 from 9.0.4 a few months back and they say that since the upgrade they have been getting intermittent 404s on the home page. When I asked if they could access another page when that happens, they said they could. Two questions:
Has anything changed between the versions in code that would be causing this? Sometimes when they get a 404, there is an entry in the user's page views and no entry in the error log (I'm changed global.asax.cs to log 404s).
Since I've got 404 logging turned on log fills up with valid 404s. What term can I use to have it log home page only?
The site is wanting to go back to 9.0.4 if this continues.
Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2022 4:12:27 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Judy,

Quote:
Has anything changed between the versions in the code that would be causing this?

We can't find anything specific based on which we can say that this is causing the issue. There are not many complaints about a similar issue.
If you could share the details to reproduce the error logs we can surely investigate further.

Also, do you mind confirming that this isn't related to the issue discussed in the following thread?
https://www.ablecommerce...ms/posts/t2134-404-error
judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2022 6:03:13 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Yes, it is related to a section in that post. The raw html display for garbage urls is fixed- that was Sucuri. The random 404 issues on home page is not fixed.
What is the best way to determine the home page if I want to log 404s for it only via the global.asax?
I haven't been able to reproduce the error myself.
Thanks
judy at Web2Market  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2022 12:30:12 PM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

I just did a test upgrade of a 9.0.6 site not on our servers and while testing got a 404 on the home page, just like the other site was getting. If I tried checkout/basket, that page came up. Then when I clicked on the header link to go to the home page, I got a 404 again. The home page had been accessible a few minutes before. I keep trying and keep getting a 404. There are no entries in the error log.
judy at Web2Market  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2022 7:22:01 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

I found the error on this second site. The tables were added to the database with owner as someone other than dbo. Therefore when a custom script was run to populate a table that was used on the home page, it didn't populate that table. Once I fixed that, the home page was OK.
ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2022 10:52:48 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
OK you sparked my interest here, what database modification tool are you using that when a table is created it doesn't automatically default to dbo? I never ever heard of this. Just curious if you remember the causes and conditions that created this situation.

Thanks,
-Ray
judy at Web2Market  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 6:15:11 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

I just used SQL Server Alter schema query.
The new tables had a different owner because the user was assigned through Plesk. I had another site where we set up a dev site and the network person assigned the schema to db_owner instead of dbo_ and that resulted in AC creating the new tables as db_owner.
ray22901031  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2022 8:56:03 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Thank you for sharing the information, I have never used Plesk, so I'm not sure what the connection is between that and SSMS. I would assume that once you log in properly into SSMS, those would be the credentials being used, not the ones from Plesk.

Besides SSMS, I also use Navicat, which I prefer in most instances. I always access table modifications through the tree structure under dbo, so if the table or any other object is not assigned to dbo, then it should not be listed and that would be an indicator for me that something was not right.

In the 15 plus years using SQL databases including MySQL, (this is one of the reasons I like Navicat, it will work across multiple platforms and databases from different vendors), I never encountered this problem, so your post was really curious to me.

I appreciate your response on this.

Many Thanks,
-Ray

Edited by user Wednesday, October 19, 2022 8:57:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified