logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 12:35:08 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I am having a problem with related products under the products tabs.

I am using version 9.0.5

We are now starting to implement some of the other features of AbleCommerce, I am able to duplicate this problem across multiple products, but usually products which were added very early on when we were designing the website.

In this particular example, product ID #76 has a specific inner template, that shows related products. As you can see by the picture entitled ID-76, the related products do not show, however if I were to make a copy of product ID #76, the new product ID# 927, which is an exact copy of product ID #76 works perfectly.

Obviously something is fixed during the copy process, but substituting product ID #76 with its clone, #927, will create difficulties for us when running reports.

I am pretty certain that there is a view files somewhere out of whack that's being fixed by creating a clone.

Any ideas? - This is critical for us, and we would rather use the original product IDs rather than clone new ones which will mess up our reporting.

Thanks

Update: going to product #76, changing the inner template to default, saving, and changing it back does not work.

Second Update, let's try the reverse - making a copy of the inner template, and assigning the new inner template does work. So unless you can come up with something else, this will be my backup strategy.

ID-76.jpg (1,014kb) downloaded 7 time(s). ID-927.jpg (960kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

Edited by user Monday, May 23, 2022 12:43:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 7:12:10 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Ray,

Thanks for sharing the details. While we are looking into the issue can you share if there are error logs entries related to this issue.

Trying to reproduce the issue.
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 8:50:04 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Very glad you're looking into this. I had to go into the backup error logs and I found this.

System.InvalidOperationException: The view 'UpdateSelectedProducts' or its master was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched:
~/Areas/Admin/Themes/MRM-Default/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml
~/Areas/Admin/Themes/MRM-Default/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml
~/Areas/Admin/Themes/MRM-Default/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml
~/Areas/Admin/Themes/MRM-Default/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml
~/Areas/Admin/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml
~/Areas/Admin/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml
~/Areas/Admin/Views/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml
~/Areas/Admin/Views/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml
~/Areas/Admin/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml
~/Areas/Admin/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml
~/Themes/MRM-Default/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml
~/Themes/MRM-Default/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml
~/Themes/MRM-Default/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml
~/Themes/MRM-Default/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml
~/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml
~/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml
~/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml
~/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml
~/Areas/Admin/Views/Custom/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml
~/Areas/Admin/Views/Shared/Custom/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml

Re: product ID # 76:

This entire radio series "The CP200D Radio by Motorola" consists of eight different models. Since the models are similar, and they share similar options, and other factors, I started by creating the first item, ID #76. Then after this item had sufficient information, the other 7 items in this radio series were clones. Some were probably clones of clones, but everything started with product ID #76. It so happens that product ID #76 is the only one that doesn't work, all the other clones work perfectly.

Again, the good news, the workaround is just to clone the inner template, and assign the clone template to the products, and just delete the original inner template.

I hope this helps.

-Ray
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 9:18:28 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

My suspicions are as follows, we started working on this site using version 9.0.2. When version 9.0.3 came out, it was an easy upgrade because no customization was done. From 9.03 to 9.04, I did the upgrade myself, very little customization, and finally a developer did the upgrade from 9.04 to 9.05.

I believe that any product created in an earlier version, 9.0.2 or 9.0.3 might be exhibiting this behavior. Just a gut feeling.

It is worth noting that this file is nowhere to be found, "UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml" or the Visual Basic equivalent.

I hope this helps, Not sure if the error message above is even related to the problem.

-Ray

Visual Basic ???

Edited by user Monday, May 23, 2022 9:19:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified