logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2022 12:02:17 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
This is regarding the feature products Widget.

I am trying to create an inner template that will display two different feature products Widgets, one for radios and the other one for accessories.

This will function properly if I specifically pick a category that's directly attached to products, but if I were to pick a parent category, nothing gets displayed. The default category ID for this widget is 0. And this will display everything from the parent on down, but by picking a specific category ID, it will not display from the parent on down.

I was thinking of creating 2 specific categories just for feature products, but the problem is, AbleCommerce's has had this problem for a very long time, is the sorting issue when you have products across multiple categories.

In my radio categories, I need radios to display in a specific fashion, if I were to apply any of my radio products to a different category, the product itself would be across multiple categories, the sorting feature would get messed up.

This is a known issue that has been brought up multiple times, but has not properly been addressed.

It also would be great if under the widget, instead of assigning one category, I would be able to assign multiple categories, please see the example below.

291, 293, 295

Food for thought - thanks

Edited by user Thursday, May 5, 2022 12:03:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.