logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne @ Solunar  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 8:29:55 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne @ Solunar

Groups: Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

The post-build event for AuthorizeNetCIM and Avatax projects have these lines:
Quote:

xcopy /y "$(ProjectDir)bin\CommerceBuilder.AvaTax.*" "$(SolutionDir)Website\Plugins\AvaTax\"
xcopy /y "$(ProjectDir)bin\CommerceBuilder.AvaTax.*" "$(SolutionDir)Website\Plugins\$(ProjectName)\" /s /i /y

On my Windows 10 machine, the xcopy /y throws error invalid switch in the visual studio output window. This prevents the gateway binaries from being copied to the plugins folder. So a modified dll doesn't get refreshed in /plugins/bin/ during the plugin bootstrap.

Pretty sure all the plugins have this in their project post-build command.
Joe Payne, AbleMods Hosting LLC
https://www.ablemodshosting.com

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 6:24:48 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
xcopy /y "$(ProjectDir)bin\CommerceBuilder.AvaTax.*" "$(SolutionDir)Website\Plugins\AvaTax\"
xcopy /y "$(ProjectDir)bin\CommerceBuilder.AvaTax.*" "$(SolutionDir)Website\Plugins\$(ProjectName)\" /s /i /y

Although it throws an error the needed files are being copied and the plugin will work fine in all cases.

These two lines actually serve the same purpose i-e copy all the files starting with Commercebuilder.Avatax to Plugins/Avatax folder.
Second-line has an extra /y command which is causing the issue. Removing the /y from start will remove the invalid switch error.

The second line is not needed in this case and should be removed.

We have opened a discussion and will come up with the improvements.

Thanks for pointing this out!
thanks 1 user thanked shaharyar for this useful post.
Joe Payne @ Solunar on 3/17/2022(UTC)