logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gdelorey2939345  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 1:04:08 PM(UTC)
gdelorey2939345

Groups: Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Hello -

I have a client on Gold R11 SR1 and we've been using TaxCloud for years without any issues. Beginning a number of months back, it seems like there are some TaxCloud API issues occuring and I was curious if AC is aware of any API changes/updates on TaxCloud's side? I've tried contacting TaxCloud and haven't had any meaningful success getting information out of them. Here are the two things we experience:

1) Orders will properly show calculated taxes through checkout, but when viewing the order on the admin side, the taxes line is now gone. Customer paid the proper amount but for some reason it isn't committing to the order. I'm seeing the following error being logged by AC: TaxCloud Commit failed with error message(s). A matching lookup could not be found for this authorization (CartID : 109807)

2) When trying to use the 'Are You Tax Exempt' link during checkout which pops up a modal. This use to contain a link to go generate the certificate, but no longer does. It says "Total tax for this order is $7.98. You can use Order#{removed} for Single purchase certificate. Please click here to manage/apply exemption certificates" however there is no hyperlink to click. Additionally, the console captures the following error: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request). When you click on the file it refers to (https://taxcloud.net/imgs/cert.min.js?time=1644519572059), it goes to XX and shows this error: {"message":"cert.min.js unknown file"}

Thanks for any insight!

Greg

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

nadeem  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2022 9:13:47 AM(UTC)
nadeem

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User, Admin, System

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi Greg,

I did a test and the tax was committed with the order. However, there seems to be JavaScript URL have been changed causing the second issue regarding use/manage exemption certificate as it throws 404 as you said. I haven’t found any update/info regarding this in the taxcloud help docs. I would suggest you to contact them again and ask if they have moved these URLs.

Thank you!
gdelorey2939345  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 1:09:38 AM(UTC)
gdelorey2939345

Groups: Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Hi Nadeem -

Oddly enough, the tax issue resolved itself (unless TaxCloud did something on their end) so we're squared away, there.

I'm trying to schedule time with their development team regarding the exemption certificates, and will keep this thread updated.

Thanks,
Greg
nadeem  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 6:52:48 AM(UTC)
nadeem

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User, Admin, System

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi Greg,

Great, thanks for the update! This must be something on their end.