logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rlopez397954  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 6:02:47 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Groups: Authorized User, Registered, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I don't know if this is a bug are not and I have searched the blogs for this problem and could only find issues with ship station that was being corrected from 9.0.4 to 9.0.5 update.

Trying to set up ship groups based on Migration instructions from a Gold 12 to Able9.0.5 Dev site. After creating warehouses into ship groups, when assigning products to the first ship group sorting by manufacture it works once. When searching unassigned products to import into another ship group, it is grabbing assigned products as well from the initial ship group setting.

I've tried clearing cache and even restarting IIS. If I'm missing something please let me know as I have followed the instructions in the migration instructions to the way they are explained.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 4:29:31 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I think the behavior is expected. You must be assigning the products to a ship group using this page
/Admin/Shipping/ShipGroupProducts

Products can be assigned to multiple Ship Groups so the filtered products will appear for each ship group assignment.

You can see more details about the feature on this page.
http://help.ablecommerce...ipping%2FShip_Groups.htm
rlopez397954  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 1:58:46 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

I understand the instructions from the link you have provided.

In our case we are doing a migration from GoldR12 to Able 9.0.5 and we are using these instructions here http://help.ablecommerce...de_to_AbleCommerce_9.htm

In the Post Upgrade Instructions it explains more details regarding how to convert Multiple Warehouses into ship groups.

Quote:
5) REPLACE DUPLICATE WAREHOUSES WITH SHIP GROUPS

3) Once all the Ship Groups are created, click on the (0) indicator in the Products column for the first Ship Group.

After we assign products to the first ship group I should be able to use the search button and ask for all products that are unassigned and the post back output should be all unassigned products to choose from and without having to use the advance drop down.

However, when I try to query all unassigned remaining products I still get assigned products as well. This function should not operate this way and again I should not have to use the advanced option every time to achieve this.

Hopefully I'm explaining this condition correctly. I understand to some this may not be critical however, it should work correctly!

shaharyar  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 4:50:48 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

I am sharing from our docs:

Quote:
The Ship Group has a few purposes.

- Eliminates the need to create multiple warehouses with the same shipping origin.
- The merchant can organize their shipping methods into logical groups for their own shipping scenarios.
- A product may belong to one or more ship groups, so there will be as many available shipping methods as possible and less chance of having no common methods.

I think the confusion is because of the behavior of assigning products to a warehouse.

In ship groups, the relation with products is many to many. That means that a product can be assigned to multiple ship groups and a ship group can have multiple products.

e.g

There are
Products P1, P2 and P3
ShipGroups SG1 and SG2
Warehouses W1 and W2

First Step:
Assign P1, P2, and P3 to W1
Assign P1, P2, and P3 to SG1

Result:
SG1: P1, P2, and P3 are assigned to SG1
SG2: no products are assigned
W1: P1, P2, and P3 are assigned to W1
W2: no products are assigned

Second Step:
Assign P1, P2, and P3 to W2
Assign P1, P2, and P3 to SG2

Result:
SG1: P1,P2 and P3 are assigned to SG1
SG2: P1,P2 and P3 are assigned to SG2
W1: no products are assigned
W2: P1,P2 and P3 are assigned to W2
Katie S  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 10:43:28 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Quote:
After we assign products to the first ship group I should be able to use the search button and ask for all products that are unassigned and the post back output should be all unassigned products to choose from and without having to use the advance drop down.

I just ran a test of this scenario you are describing. I create a ship group with no products assigned. Then I used the Search button drop down to select unassigned products. All products appeared in the search results (my demo store has 43). Using the checkbox at the top of the column, I selected the first 20 products on the page and used the Update button to assign them to the ship group.

This worked as expected. The new ship group has 20 assigned products.

So now I repeat the process and again use the Search drop-down to select un-assigned products only. The search results are updated to show the remaining 23 products in my sample store (all of which are not assigned to this ship group). I make another update to assign the next 20 from the page and it works how I expected.

Ok. The last Search to shown only the unassigned products, and the results show 3 left.

Again, this is working as I expected. I used the Update button to assign the remaining products, and now all products in the store are assigned. The Search button displays them accordingly. (All assigned - all products, or none assigned -no results)

Quote:
However, when I try to query all unassigned remaining products I still get assigned products as well. This function should not operate this way and again I should not have to use the advanced option every time to achieve this.

The Advanced Search options is the gray colored panel that slides open. It shows you additional search filter options that can be used to further narrow the results.

I may not be fully understanding the steps you are taking. Maybe it is the additional (advanced) search options that you have selected which is narrowing the search results?

Another thing you can try is to move the products from duplicate warehouses to the main one first.

Please let us know how we can help you get this working better.

Thanks

Edited by user Friday, January 21, 2022 11:15:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
rlopez397954  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 10:32:05 AM(UTC)
rlopez397954

So sorry that I'm just seeing the response you have posted back as I did not get any notification.
Anyway, let me try and explain this again.

We migrated from Gold12 to AC9.0.5. We have been using 7 warehouses in Gold for shipping options as this was the only way to achieve this. We have 2 physical warehouses one in FL and one in AZ. The other 5 warehouses are for specific shipping options only based on products and reside in our main warehouse AZ.

Here are the steps we used based on the migration instructions for setting up warehouses to ship groups.

1. We created all ship groups to mimic warehouses.

2. We then merged the first warehouse FL to the first ship group using the advanced drop down feature (matching warehouse to ship group) this is around 1350 SKU's. Works just fine.

3. We then click on the products tab again in the FL ship group (1350 SKU'S) and using the search tab (No advanced drop down feature) and choose all unassigned products. The query then returns 68 pages or so, including products already assigned to the FL ship group.(this works ok accept for the duplicate products already assigned).

4. Next we then went back and assigned all remaining warehouses to their respective ship groups that we setup using the advanced feature and again no problems with assigning products.

THIS IS A NEW STEP WE ADDED AS A TEST AFTER ASSIGNING ALL PRODUCTS TO THEIR CORRESPONDING SHIP GROUPS FROM STEP 4.

5. Now going back to the FL ship group we clicked on the products then clicked on the search button and asked for all unassigned products and it returns 110 pages of products that are already assigned to the other ship groups. I would think that we should not get any products posting back.

Unless if I'm missing something it appears that that the query is looking at what products are not assigned to that specific ship group (FL) even though they are already assigned to other ship groups? As a note: our products were migrated over from Gold12. We did not create any new products from scratch.

Thanks again for responding back on this. I hope I've explained this correctly.

shaharyar  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 12:08:26 PM(UTC)
shaharyar

Quote:
Unless if I'm missing something it appears that the query is looking at what products are not assigned to that specific ship group (FL) even though they are already assigned to other ship groups?

The answer is yes. This is what I already wanted to make clear.
A product can be assigned to multiple ship groups that is why it appears for other ship groups.
When purchasing that product all overlapping ship methods will appear during the checkout process.

Lets try to understand from an example:

Suppose we have:
- 2 ship groups A & B
- 5 Ship Methods SM1, SM2, SM3, SM4 & SM5
- 3 products P1, P2 & P3

Now when purchasing P1, we want SM1 and SM2 to be available as shipping options during checkout
when purchasing P2, we want SM1, SM2, SM3, SM4, SM5 to be available as shipping options during checkout
when purchasing P3, we want SM3, SM4 and SM5 to be available as shipping options during checkout

The admin side configurations will be:

SM1 & SM2 will be associated with A
SM3, SM4 & SM5 will be associated with B

P1 will be assigned to A
P2 will be assigned to A & B
P3 will be assigned to only B
rlopez397954  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 2:33:43 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Thank you for all of your feedback.