logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lynsperf  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2022 6:04:55 PM(UTC)
Lynsperf

Groups: HelpDesk

I know the next version ideas are complete, but I thought I would add a request to have the product images saved in a sub catagory in the images database.
This would make it easier to delete old images and access new ones quicker when adding a product.

Right now I have to page through several pages of pics to find the one I need for a product.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2022 9:31:52 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I can definitely see where this would be an advantage, in trying to find the images that you're trying to delete or use. That can be actually accomplished right now with a little bit of work, however the amount of chaos something like this could create must also be considered.

To accomplish this today, all you would have to do once you add the image, is just go and edit the URL directly of the product level, yes I know a pain in the butt.

Imagine a summary page being loaded where product images are scattered across multiple categories directories, since Google is extremely concerned about mobile speed, this could create slowdowns in delivering content to the user, a big no-no for Google.

Not to mention, this might also mess up AbleCommerce's "Product Image Lookup by SKU" feature.

However, all is not lost here, there might be a way for you to have your cake and eat it too.

Add the ability to search images by "Alt tags" and Names. This might be a better solution for AbleCommerce to implement.

Please know that I break up my images in multiple subdirectories, just for this purpose, however, all my product images are in the same subdirectory.

I have a subdirectory specifically for logos, front page images, contact images, and blogs, again to make it easier to find things.

Do you think the search feature will work for you?
Lynsperf  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2022 8:41:12 AM(UTC)
Lynsperf

Groups: HelpDesk

I started to use subcats for my images, but when I needed to add new images that I didn't have stored on my zip drive they ended up in the general file.

Another thing I would like to see fixed is the randomization of the products as they are dispalyed in the store.
Being able to turn that option on or off would be nice as, I have products that are year specific. But when you refresh the store page they change order.