logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lyonsperf  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 8:26:40 AM(UTC)
Lyonsperf

Groups: Registered, HelpDesk

With so many products that have similar names, it would be nice if the sku was listed in a column next to the product name in the admin categories.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

nadeem  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 6:43:05 AM(UTC)
nadeem

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User, Admin, System

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Since multiple catalog nodes e.g. Categories, Products, Webpages and Links, are listed under categories and only the Products have Sku's, that is why we don't display Sku in the category listings. We do show the Sku on Manage Products page before the product name. You can search products in a category using the search filter on manage products screen as well.

However, if you still want to show the Sku under categories listing, you can easily do this inside _ListCategories.cshtml view file by loading the product by CatalogNodeId based on CatalogNodeType i.e product in this case.

Hope this helps!
Lyonsperf  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 7:14:25 AM(UTC)
Lyonsperf

Thank you.
What I meant was a column for sku's in the products listing page just after you open the category folder.

Possibly after the product name and before the preview icon?
nadeem  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 7:44:18 AM(UTC)
nadeem

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User, Admin, System

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Quote:
What I meant was a column for sku's in the products listing page just after you open the category folder.

Yes, I understand. I was also referring to the same area :) This is the place where the child categories, links, webpages can also be listed. In simple words a category can hold subcategory, webpage or link pages inside it. If we add the SKU column, it will only be available for the product and empty for other nodes. Hopefully, I am able to clarify this now?

catalognode.PNG (37kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
judy at Web2Market  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 1:22:37 PM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We have added the sku to that location on sites. It looks like the following image, but it can be added anywhere in the listing.
2021-12-13_14-22-02.png (52kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
Lyonsperf  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 4:26:35 PM(UTC)
Lyonsperf

Yes, that is what I was looking for.