logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rlopez397954  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2019 3:52:06 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Groups: Authorized User, Registered, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm trying to see if there is a way to remove the 3 default menu links that are built into the the Store Menu.

The current Store Menu Output comes with 3 or four default links if you add (basket) build into the Widget. The links are Home,Product Finder,Contact US, and Basket. without customizing this widget, I cannot find a way to remove these links. The values in the StoreMenuWidgetParams : WidgetParams show 3 and then six as defaults.

If there is a way to do this through the CMS please give me your feed back. Trying not customize if possible.

Ricky

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shari  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:36:17 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi,

You can not add/remove the Menu links using CMS. For this, you have to customize the view file.

The settings for widget params you are referring to isn't related to menu links. It is related to the number of Categories we can show in the main menu.

rlopez397954  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:07:33 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Thank you for the reply.

I was able to customize the _StoreMenu.cshtml file in the views directory StoreMenuWidgetParams. This works.

However, prior to this customization and posting my issue, I did find another problem with the StoreMenu and StoreMenuLight.

We have set the StoreMenu (Dark) as our default menu in the Header. This was due to the Overlapping of categories and products that the StoreMenuLight output was causing when trying to use it.

Now when adding to basket at the category level the basket icon disappears and our StoreMenu changes to StoreMenuLight. This also happens when we delete a complete cart in the Checkout/Basket with multiple products. Now there is no problems at the product level, quick view i.e. when adding to basket or deleting one product at a time while in the Checkout/Basket.

As a Note to this: when this happens in these two different instances a quick refresh and the StoreMenu comes back all is ok.

I believe this is a bug.

Ricky
shari  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:22:19 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Ricky,

To fix the issue you can follow the steps.

1- Open the file \Website\Views\Shared\_StoreMenuLight.cshtml

Search for the line

Code:
<div id="store-menu">

Replace it with

Code:
<div id="store-menu" class="store-menu" data-menu="Light">

and save the file.

2- Open the file \Website\Views\Shared\Boards\StoreHeaderCompact.cshtml

Search for the line

Code:
<header id="store-header-compact" class="navbar navbar-default navbar-static-top store-menu" data-store-editing-enabled="@IsEditModeEnabled" data-menu="Light">

Replace it with

Code:
<header id="store-header-compact" class="navbar navbar-default navbar-static-top" data-store-editing-enabled="@IsEditModeEnabled">

and save the file.

Please let me know if you need more help.
rlopez397954  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 9:11:52 AM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Shari,

Thank you. The Menu now works correctly.

Ricky