logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2024 9:34:25 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We have a site that is having trouble with discounts. They have the site set to global discounts with category grouping.
Then they have the discount set at:
First level:
Min $50 Max $149.99
Discount %10
Based on total price of line item
Scope is global discount for all products, all groups
There is a basket with an item with price of $48.70 and another of $43.80. No discount shows. Both these are items are in the same two categories. If I change them to be in only the same one category, the discount still doesn't show.
They say that this setup worked before.
They also have a discount that is the same discount levels, but applied to 2809 products. This discount is assigned to an user group with no users to de-activate it.

I thought I remembered an issue in the past with category discounts, so I looked in the old forum. The setup it describes is the same as above
http://forums.ablecommer...p;hilit=discounts#p81973
Here is one example of a discount based on the order total -

Min. $100
Discount: 10%
Base Discount on "Total Price of Line Item"
Set Discount Scope to "Global"

If you want it to apply to the total of all products, then you need to make one additional change. From the Configure > Store > General page, change the DISCOUNT MODE to "Group by Category".

Please help! Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

charles25686713  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2024 12:29:30 PM(UTC)
charles25686713

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, I recently worked through getting this type of discount working in our system.

We have a category "books" that the tiered discount apply to. This tiered discount has a user group associated with it.

I did have to change the global setting to "group by category".

I think I also had to restart the site in IIS after I had the global setting changed.

Then, with a user in said group, and an empty cart, I was able to get the discount "across category" to apply for all items in that category.

The logic does work, once everything is set correctly, and it does not work retroactively on existing carts. Although more than once I almost reported that it was malfunctioning because it sure didn't look like it was working. It's a somewhat frustrating process, but once it's all configured correctly and restarted (maybe?), it does work.

I hope this helps.

P.S. Also, make sure there aren't "competing" discounts configured for the same items. The logic is somewhat unpredictable when multiple discounts, especially qty vs dollar amount, kick in. You can actually end up with negative values!

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2024 12:30:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2024 6:09:03 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thanks for the answer! Did you have a minimum purchase amount for your discounts? If the qty x price itself meets the minimum, the discount gets applied, just not if the total of two products in the same category meet the minimum.
The discounts were already set to group by category
I did delete all the old discounts from the database.
The only discount that could be conflicting was the one set to allow by product, but that had been applied to a group where there were no users so that shouldn't have conflicted.
charles25686713  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2024 8:08:56 AM(UTC)
charles25686713

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's a tiered discount: 0 to 299 is 40%, 300 to 599 is 50%, 600 to 0 (unlimited) is 60%.

I tested it out multiple times and the discounts appear, in a bit of a confusing manner, but they do appear. The discounts appear after each item, even though the discount is based on the total amount in the category.