logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jay  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 9:03:49 AM(UTC)
Jay

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I can't reply to the announcement Katie posted here, so I'll respond in this forum.

The Colorado DOR page linked in the announcement says on the receipt or invoice the item should be called "retail delivery fees", but the AbleCommerce announcement talks about changing the handling fee description to 'something like "CO Delivery Fee"'. I think the recommendation should match the Colorado DOR text.

As an aside, this seems like a very inconvenient and expensive to implement way to raise a little bit of money for the state. I wonder why they didn't just raise their sales tax by a little bit.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

sweeperqb  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 11:18:36 AM(UTC)
sweeperqb

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Avalara's instructions are telling us to add a $0 item with tax code OF400000 so that Avalara can add the tax. Not sure why they can't just add a tax line item like they do for state/county/municipal/special district taxes?!

jdepoy24549696  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 10:08:20 AM(UTC)
jdepoy24549696

Groups: Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Katie,
Do you have recommendation on how to set this up when using your Avalara tax plugin?

Does anyone have this working?
Katie S  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 12:00:27 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I'm trying to figure this out myself. It's not even a "tax" from what I'm reading. So, I don't understand why Avalara wants to adjust the order with a tax item when it's a delivery fee imposed on taxable and tangible goods. The only reason I can think of is to have it for state reporting.

Even if you create a $0 item and a special tax code, then you still have to get that item into the order when the shipments are going to CO. That either needs to be a customization, or something the merchant can add post-order. But, in the latter case, you would need to be using AbleCommerce 9.0.6 to take advantage of the post-order tax adjust/commit feature we added.

I do plan on setting up a new dev environment and doing some AvaTax testing this week and the next. I will test this specifically and let you know if there is any new information that might be helpful.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting