logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2022 11:26:44 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
When there is no internet connection available (local server console or local dev install) you cannot log into admin if google recaptcha is enabled.

If it is an install that has never had the captcha settings changed, the settings do not yet exist in ac_StoreSettings. They only get created once the settings have been changed. So you can't find and change them directly in the database.

Once they do exist, disabling CAPTCHA via manual changes to ac_StoreSettings does not seem to take effect until the app pool is restarted, at least in my testing here.

Not entirely sure any of this is considered a bug but thought I'd at least mention it.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2022 4:11:33 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Bear with me as I'm trying to understand what you're saying, seems like a chicken and the egg scenario.

If the CAPTCHA was never changed, (Default from a standard insulation I am assuming) which means it never was instigated in the first place, why is AbleCommerce asking for them, what happened that they're asking for it now?

For whatever reason let's say the above become reality, can't you just go into the database and manually add "GoogleReCaptchaEnabled" and set it to false, I don't believe AbleCommerce is looking for StoreSettingId, but the field name instead.

Interesting to see what support has to say since I've been locked out a few times, but I have a script that takes care of it for me.

I hope this helps,
-Ray
Katie S  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2022 6:08:32 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Well, I do think this would be an uncommon scenario, but it could be considered a bug in the case where AbleCommerce is running locally without access to the internet. No access also means that you cannot install without a pre-registered license key.

I'll need to discuss with the team and see what the best solution is. Either using the old Captcha, disable it all together, or simply make it easier to disable would be my preference.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting