logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2022 8:29:53 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
In AC Gold, you were able to add multiple instances of a shipping method. For example you could use the same gateway shipping method and name in differently. That way the merchant could add a different handling charge and assign different zones to the same gateway shipping method. See images below
2022-04-11_9-29-35.png (28kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
2022-04-11_9-29-15.png (25kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2022 6:20:26 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Yes, there is a difference from Gold. In Gold, there was a section Add Integrated Carrier Method on the methods listing page. This is missing in AC9.

As a workaround in AC9, you will need to first add two Shipping methods from the plugin config page and then you can edit the shipping method that was added automatically and assign the same shipping charge with a different name and handling charge.

Hope this helps!
judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2022 6:56:20 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

I do realize that you can edit a method to change the name, add surcharge, etc. The issue is that once you have configured a method, it disappears from the list of methods you can add. For example, if you have added Fedex Ground Home, it is no longer listed in the methods that show with an Add button.
I think it is this code in the shippingcontroller that is hiding them:
foreach (ListItem item in servicesArray)
{
bool isConfigured = configuredMethods.Where(x => x.ShipGatewayId == shipGateway.Id && x.ServiceCode.Equals(item.Value)).Count() > 0;
if (!isConfigured)
{
shipMethods.Add(new ProviderShipMethodsModel.ShipMethodModel() { IsAssociated = false, Name = item.Text, ServiceCode = item.Value });
}
}

This site had a few old duplicate methods that carried over so I'm going to test and make sure they still work OK at checkout. Did AC change the code at checkout so that duplicate methods(ServiceCode)s won't work?
Thanks
shaharyar  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 2:37:01 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Yes, from the plugin config page we don't allow to add same method more than once. I mentioned earlier that you have to add two different methods from this screen and then from methods listing page you can edit the shipping method and assign the same shipping method with different name or handling charge etc.

Let's take the example of the UPS plugin page. e.g You need to add multiple instances of UPS Ground with different Shipping Charge and/or different zones.

1- Go to the UPS plugin config form and add UPS Ground and UPS Next Day Air® (Admin/Shipping/UPS/Configure?ShipGatewayId={})
2- Now go to the Shipping Methods list page (Admin/Shipping/Methods)
3- Open Edit page for the UPS Next Day Air® method and edit the name, shipping charge etc and from section at the bottom you can assign the UPS Ground method.(Admin/Shipping/EditShipMethodProvider/{})

I hope I am able to make it clear this time!
judy at Web2Market  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 6:30:26 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

OK, Thanks. You have to add a method that is not the one you want, then change it to what you want for the second method. I don't know if merchants are going to figure that out easily.
shaharyar  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 6:38:41 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

This is a workaround. I have opened an issue report and will try to figure this out in the next release.

Thanks