logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 10:02:18 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm getting these errors on a 9.0.4 site. Any idea what they are? I can browse to the page OK
An error has occured at https://www.orcabook.com...uages/Simplified-Chinese View less
Exception: The view 'Error' or its master was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched: ~/Themes/Orca/Views/Category/Error.cshtml ~/Themes/Orca/Views/Category/Error.vbhtml ~/Themes/Orca/Views/Shared/Error.cshtml ~/Themes/Orca/Views/Shared/Error.vbhtml ~/Views/Category/Error.cshtml ~/Views/Category/Error.vbhtml ~/Views/Shared/Error.cshtml ~/Views/Shared/Error.vbhtml Stack Trace: at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResult.FindView(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<.cctor>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Action action) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

nadeem  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2022 9:25:28 AM(UTC)
nadeem

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User, Admin, System

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi Judy,

I think you are using Elmah for custom error logging and since the customerrors enabled, Asp.net is trying to find ‘Error’ view which doesn’t exists. You might need to double check your Elmah configurations. Here is stackoverflow link https://stackoverflow.co...its-master-was-not-found that might give you some insight on the issue.

Thanks!
nadeem  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2022 10:05:21 AM(UTC)
nadeem

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User, Admin, System

Another thing to check is that it isn’t using Response.Redirect instead of JavaScriptRedirect where the exception is originated.
judy at Web2Market  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2022 6:59:18 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Thanks, this is really weird. I had seen the error on a site where we were using Elmah.IO, but this site isn't using it. The dll is not in the bin folder, there are no entries in the web.config, CustomErrors is ON and debug is false. Up until a few days ago, we were getting the normal AC/MVC kind of undecipherable errors. Then I turned customerrors off and debug to true for a day to try to get errors from a web service. All weekend, the settings have been On and true and we're getting these Elmah related errors. I'll do more digging.
judy at Web2Market  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 9:06:28 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

I'm still not able to figure out what the issue is with this. Is it possible that it is caused by redirects from links on the old Gold sites?
nadeem  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 12:08:28 PM(UTC)
nadeem

From the exception, it seems that the code is trying to locate the Error view inside theme's overridden Category folder, that is, ~/Themes/Orca/Views/Category/Error.cshtml. I am wondering if you have any customization inside the Category views folder which is used inside your Orca theme. The error view is actually under the following path /Website/Views/Errors/Error.cshtml.
judy at Web2Market  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 9:10:52 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Nadeem, Thanks for answering. There is no views folder under the theme folder. The only things there are the standard AC folders.
judy at Web2Market  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2022 9:17:44 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

I finally figured out what the issue was. Another developer had added a line of code to register a web.api, but had also added the following line. It was causing the site to look for error handling pages that didn't exist, probably since there were none defined there.
FilterConfig.RegisterGlobalFilters(GlobalFilters.Filters)
nadeem  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2022 9:22:14 AM(UTC)
nadeem

Great, glad you have figured it out! Thanks for the update!!