logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lyonsperf  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2022 6:26:44 PM(UTC)
Lyonsperf

Groups: Registered, HelpDesk

I need to redirect the old urls from an old site to a new able site.
They use the same domain name, but have different hosts so now it throws a 404 page if someone clicks on a link in google.

Can I take the old url and replace the new one with the old instead of making a 301 redirect list?
I noticed the database does not have a .htaccess file, so I can't load redirects there.

I did notice that in the export section of the admin I can select products for export along with their NavigateUrl and Category Url

If I change the NavigateURL to the old sites urls, will this work?

I'm used to working with Apache.

I'm assuming this software is windows based.

Just trying to recoup, four years of ranking in google.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 3:46:30 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
If I change the NavigateURL to the old sites urls, will this work?

Yes, you can update your Product and Category URL to match your old site URLs.

You can go to edit pages and set the old site URL or you can also use batch edit Product and batch edit category pages in admin.

Hope this helps!
nadeem  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 6:58:15 AM(UTC)
nadeem

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User, Admin, System

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Besides batch edit, you can also use import/export routine to update your URLs to the old ones without 301 permanent redirect. The CatalogUrl is the property that need to be updated. The NavigateUrl is a read-only calculated property which doesn't need to be updated through import. It will automatically updated when you change the CatalogUrl.

Edited by user Monday, February 21, 2022 6:59:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified