logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Katie S  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 4:39:35 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I know...it's a challenging problem to fix!

Imagine Kits, where you have a product that could have both non-taxable and taxable child products. Ugh!

So, the idea I'm thinking about would make the recalculate button refresh the order page showing all the items in the order with a checkbox next to each one. The merchant could then choose which items within the order will be used for the recalculation.

I'm not even sure this would work yet, but I did propose the question to the dev team.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
ray22901031  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 4:53:47 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
That is an excellent idea, and when you click the refresh button or the recalculate button, it would only calculate the items checked.

Re: kits, if the main item is taxable, all the children should be taxable as well unless there is a state in the union with different rules, but that would make absolutely no sense.

Love the idea!