logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2021 10:01:30 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I'm not sure if you guys understand how powerful the Blogging feature in Ablecommerce can be. And all it requires is just a few tweaks, just some simple programming and you can really advertise the hell out of it.

Simple adjustment #1

I know that there is no difference today between a content page and a category page, but there should be, if anything to unscramble the egg. It would be very easy to add a checkbox when creating a content page that one can check to differentiate this page as a "Blog" Page.

This way when searching for content pages, there could be a drop down on top that would give you an option for:

- All Pages
- Blog Pages Only
- Content Pages Only

This way if one starts to accumulate hundreds of pages, and one is only interested in Blog's, it would then be extremely easy using the alphabetical search bar on top to find what you're looking for.

This helps unscramble the egg.

Simple adjustments #2

Add a Widget to the system called "Search Blog", a search component made specifically for searching Blog pages. Since you have already checked what is a Blog page, searching through this subgroup would eliminate everything else.

If you do this, you will be in the same league as DropInBlog, a service that charges over $400 a year for a feature that can be integrated into a new release of Ablecommerce in the future.

Do not underestimate this feature, there will be no other shopping cart out there with this built-in.

I hope this request is taken seriously !!!

Edited by user Sunday, August 29, 2021 10:04:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2021 5:42:48 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Ray,

Did you go through this help doc page?

http://help.ablecommerce...term=blog&rhsyns=%20
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2021 8:53:20 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

I must certainly did, which is why I was inspired to write the post. Again, it would be nice to have a search widget strictly for searching web contents for specific pages that you can choose.

Thank you
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2021 10:47:29 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

After implementing a blog area in our upcoming site, using the examples in the Ablecommerce documentation, I would like to suggest the following recommendations, some have already been given. I do not think they require a lot of reprogramming.

#1. Have a checklist on top when you create a webpage content that specifically identifies this entry as a blog. When searching for webpage content, you will have an option on the upper right that says, "view blogs only". This is important when you get to hundreds of articles to try to separate what is just a regular website content and what belongs to a blog.

#2. On the blog article listing menu widget, have an option, a checkbox that says, follow sorting order displayed by user. Right now, if the user picks a new sorting order, the blog listings will not change as this can be confusing to a user.

#3. Have the ability to make a blog article stick on the top, regarding of sorting. Just like you do right now on the user forum where you want something to stick on the top.

These three small changes, I believe, will go a long way for people who want to implement this on their site. I understand that 9.05 is just around the corner, but this is something that might be considered for 9.0.6. If this is not implemented, I will probably hire a developer to implement these changes for me. I believe they are that important and can bring a tremendous amount of value to this product.

Please support, share your feedback on this.

-Ray

Edited by user Sunday, September 12, 2021 12:22:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Katie S  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 6:02:08 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Thanks for this feedback. We are looking for ways to improve the CMS for the next release. These ideas for blog improvement sound reasonable. I will start a discussion with the dev team and see what we can do.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 6:08:49 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Katie,

How many cups of coffee have you had today? - You are really on a roll here, I cannot keep up with you.

-Ray