logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dennis3396677  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 11:33:15 PM(UTC)
dennis3396677

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

I would like to remove the Categories option from the main menu. How can I do this?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 9:02:28 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
You will have to remove the HTML manually.

You can change the original view files or you can override the view files by placing them in the theme folder following the same hierarchy and folder names.

To change original view files:

You may need to change one of these files based on the default header you are using
1- /Views/Shared/_StoreItemsMenu.cshtml
2- /Views/Shared/_StoreMenuLight.cshtml
3- /Views/Shared/_StoreMenu.cshtml

To override the view files:
1- Go to current theme folder and create a Views folder.
2- In the Views folder, create a folder named Shared
3- In Shared folder, copy and paste the cshtml view file that you want to edit.
4- Copy the original /Views/web.config file and paste it in /Themes/{CurrentTheme}/Views folder
dennis3396677  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 2:52:35 PM(UTC)
dennis3396677

Perfect! Thank you for the quick reply and guidance. I got it taken care of! Thanks again!
SteveFeher  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2021 2:30:35 PM(UTC)
SteveFeher

Groups: Developers, HelpDesk, Registered

Originally Posted by: shaharyar Go to Quoted Post
You will have to remove the HTML manually.

You can change the original view files or you can override the view files by placing them in the theme folder following the same hierarchy and folder names.

To change original view files:

You may need to change one of these files based on the default header you are using
1- /Views/Shared/_StoreItemsMenu.cshtml
2- /Views/Shared/_StoreMenuLight.cshtml
3- /Views/Shared/_StoreMenu.cshtml

To override the view files:
1- Go to current theme folder and create a Views folder.
2- In the Views folder, create a folder named Shared
3- In Shared folder, copy and paste the cshtml view file that you want to edit.
4- Copy the original /Views/web.config file and paste it in /Themes/{CurrentTheme}/Views folder

Not sure why I am struggling here, but edits to the main navigation as you propose above are not working.
I have created a custom theme (it was blank -- this is the FIRST customization that I've attempted to make!).

I need to add other tabs into the main menu of the site and I've edited the _storeMenuLight.cshtml file (that's the widget that's being used on my design), but there are no changes being displayed.

Am I missing something else?
ray22901031  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2021 9:27:15 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi Steve,

Under your custom theme, under views, under shared, you should have a copy of the "_StoreMenuLight.cshtml" file place there. Leave the other one alone, edit the one under theme, never the one in the main view. If memory serves me correct, the "_StoreMenuLight.cshtml" file will only override if the header is set to "Store Menu Light" under the proper Widget Boards.

To make sure you're working with the proper file, go to Views/Shared/ and rename the original file to something else to make sure that the one being picked up is under your theme. I know, confusing at first, but will prevent numerous headaches down the road in the event of an upgrade.

Hope this helps,
-Ray

Edited by user Friday, October 1, 2021 10:42:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified