logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 2:46:31 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Ablecommerce has the ability to add a handling charge to any shipping method, in this case, UPS Ground, UPS 3 day, UPS 2 day or UPS Overnight. I know that this has been discussed before, but we need the ability to reduce the shipping rates being returned by UPS.

Right now there's a dispute between UPS and ship-station, the ship-station rates at times are almost 40% lower than the UPS negotiated or retail rates. Since were not in a position to populate Ablecommerce with ship-station rates, the only alternative is to take the UPS rates and reduce them.

I am having a very difficult time as a customer of 31 years with UPS trying to renegotiate my rates as close as I can to the ship-station rates.

Remember, the rates being returned today are UPS rates which are much higher than ship-station, these rates are what the customer sees, and this can determine whether or not a customer abandons a cart if he/she thinks the shipping rates are too high.

Thank you for your consideration of this, but this dispute between UPS and ship-station seems to be increasing.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 16, 2021 2:47:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked ray22901031 for this useful post.
sams25927423 on 6/28/2021(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

judy at Web2Market  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 6:08:36 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I haven't tried this in AC9, but in Gold I was able to remove the restriction when saving the handling charge that required it to be >0 and was able to save and use a figure <0.
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:51:42 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hey Judy,

Of course we can go in the backend and modify it, but I wanted Ablecommerce to understand that the UPS rates which are being returned which are extremely high compared to alternatives, can cause abandoned carts.

Right now after three weeks of negotiation with UPS, remember I've been a customer of theirs for 31 years, they say they will honor the ship-station rates.

I do not understand why UPS would grant ship-station such special rates, and then decide to make life hard for them. Maybe too many people are realizing that ship-station can help reduce shipping costs. Ship-station is trying to negotiate with UPS for daily pickups, something that UPS has removed from ship-station.

In other words, you have to schedule a pickup every single day in ship-station, and because of this, I need to keep my existing UPS account just so I could have daily pickups. Too much politics I say.

Anyways, I think that being able to reduce the rates brings more value to Ablecommerce and it should be an easy modification for for them. Then they can advertise it as a value-added feature.

Anyways, just my input.

Thanks