logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 6:52:50 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Version 9.0.4

When adding a new product to an existing order, if you were to modify the price, example, the current price is 99.99, change that to 89.99 and then go to the shipment drop-down located on the right-hand side, after you select a shipment, the system seems to refresh, and the product price goes back to the original price, in this case 99.99.

In fact, by changing the price and having the shipment drop-down on the right-hand side, even without changing anything on shipping, the price will revert back to the original. It is only after you edit it for a second time, at that point the shipment drop-down is no longer on the right-hand side, does it keep the modified price.

You should be able to duplicate this without a problem.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 6:58:13 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Changing-Price.zip (3,949kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

Please see video - thanks
shaharyartiwana25816656  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 3:07:01 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I am able to reproduce the issue. This seems to happen for the product with kit components attached.
This needs some investigation so I am registering the issue.

I have also confirmed in 9.0.3, this is happening there as well.

Thanks for identifying the issue.
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 9:08:25 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

You may wish to re-examine your original analysis, this behavior also applies to products that have nothing to do with kits, this is very easy to reproduce so no video will be necessary.

Yes this behavior is also apparent under 9.0.3, we have just identified that as well, but it has nothing to do whether a product is related to a kit or not.

We hope this helps in further identifying the issue.

Thanks
jeffr_ca  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 11:52:21 AM(UTC)
jeffr_ca

Groups: Authorized User, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am familiar with this issue in 9.0.3 It seems that clicking the "Shipment" resets the selected product parameters to default (variants, pricing, etc.), discarding any prior choices made for the product.

I've just gotten into the habit of selecting the shipment first before making detail changes for the product being added.

It is undesireable behaviour, so it should be logged as a bug to be fixed.

-Jeff
ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:02:33 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hello Jeff,

You don't even need to touch the shipping part, it's going to change the price regardless. Hopefully they can offer a quick fix and list the code changes here.

Thanks
shaharyartiwana25816656  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 3:02:47 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Quote:
You may wish to re-examine your original analysis, this behavior also applies to products that have nothing to do with kits, this is very easy to reproduce so no video will be necessary.

Hi Ray,

I have reconfirmed and found that the issue is only with the products that have a kit component attached. The code also suggests this behavior.
I will request you to please confirm this once again.

The issue is that we shouldn't be allowing the price modification in this case. The price editing field should be disabled. This is the behavior we had in Gold and apparently, it seems that we missed this check while code porting and this is a bug that we registered. Thanks for identifying!
So the reason you are unable to modify the price is that we have a code block in the post method to avoid price modification in this case.

Quote:
I am familiar with this issue in 9.0.3 It seems that clicking the "Shipment" resets the selected product parameters to default (variants, pricing, etc.), discarding any prior choices made for the product.

Hi Jeff,

This issue is fixed in 9.0.4. Changing the shipment from drop-down will not reset the form with default values.
ray22901031  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 3:19:41 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

>> The issue is that we shouldn't be allowing the price modification in this case.

This is not the issue, the issue is that it shouldn't change whatever price it was changed to. Many people will override default pricing in order to make a sale, sometimes when we do a quote, I must show a specific price only for that particular quote so I must be in a position to override the default price. This is the behavior of just about every other cart on the market.

You should be fixing the problem not removing opportunities from the software. As far as it only pertaining to kits, I have not found this to be the case, I will see if I could do another video on an item that's an accessory that has nothing to do with a kit so I can show it to you.

Please do not limit our ability to use this cart because you think it will solve a bug, just fixed the bug.

Thank you
ray22901031  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 3:47:33 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Item-with-no-kit-error.zip (2,579kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

Here is a video showing the same behavior with an item that has absolutely nothing to do with a kit, however the shipping field must be blank and then pick a value after you changed your price.

I hope this helps

Please do not remove the ability for us to change pricing, make the software more powerful not less.

>> This issue is fixed in 9.0.4. Changing the shipment from drop-down will not reset the form with default values.
This was 9.0.4

Edited by user Friday, April 9, 2021 3:49:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shaharyartiwana25816656  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 5:20:27 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Thanks for the video. There is a slight difference.

If you select the shipment first and then change the price, it will modify the price.
Do the same thing for kit-related products and you will not be able to modify the price even if you select the shipment first.

So there comes a new bug that we need to fix. I am registering.
Selecting/Changing the shipment from the drop-down resets the price field with a default value. This should retain the value added by the user.

Thanks a lot!
ray22901031  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 8:39:43 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Not on the first try, but you can change the price on the second try. In other words save the first, then re-edit and then you can change the price.

I hope this helps.

Edited by user Thursday, April 15, 2021 11:33:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ray22901031  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 3:25:01 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

There is another ingredient that I need to add that did not become apparent until earlier today. Keep in mind that the kit item can be added to an order in one of two ways, either as a bundle or as individual line items. We have chosen the individual line items, and we like the idea, that after we add the item, using the admin backend, that the kit will break it up into individual line items and then go into and manipulate the price for each line if needed.

This works perfectly for us and I hope that there are no future changes to change this. In the future I think it might be better if we engage in conversation, to identify how we are adding the kit to the order, either as individual line items or as a bundle.

I think this is important.