logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sweeperqb  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 5:49:23 PM(UTC)
sweeperqb

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm not sure what is happening here. I took an existing AC 7.0.7 database, ran it through a fresh Gold R12 install and chose to upgrade the database (no errors). Then I took that database and tried to run it through a fresh AC 9.0.3 install. It is giving me the following error:

The specified database is not a valid version. This upgrade will only support Ablecommerce Gold R10 (build # 8620) or higer verion databases. [Typos are from AC9 install]

The error does not give any indication what is wrong with the database. Given that I ran it through Gold R12 without any errors, I'm not sure why it things it is a version less than that.

I went back and tried to run the installation process again, but it says it is already converted to AC9. However, the site doesn't work and there are errors all over the place. Thoughts on where to start looking?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

sweeperqb  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 7:23:26 PM(UTC)
sweeperqb

So, I went through the entire process again from scratch. I rebooted after each step, and made sure to touch the Admin page of AC Gold in case there is anything that happens when the database is used to complete the migration from AC7=>Gold. This time it worked.
shaharyartiwana25816656  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2021 3:18:47 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
https://www.ablecommerce...9-9-0-3-upgrade-criteria

This thread may help you in finding the original cause.
sweeperqb  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2021 1:47:50 PM(UTC)
sweeperqb

I looked at the SQL it was running for the upgrades and confirmed the correct tables and columns existed. I think there was some kind of IIS bug going on. I've run through the process multiple times to document; the last two times I shut down IIS between the AC Gold and AC 9 migrations and it worked properly.