logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 4:23:40 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
So I made a really small widget to render a page that I need. One small controller, partial view and page model. It works perfectly on my local dev machine.

When I went to deploy to the live site, the site restarted as expected. I log into admin because now I have to build the inner template on the live site. I copy a template, give it a name and go to Content tab.

When I drag any widget, not just my custom widget, over to the layout I get a 500 error in console. And the widget change doesn't save.

From what I can see, I'm getting the below error. Everything works completely fine on my local dev. But on the live site, I can't add any widget to any inner template. Everything else seems to work ok so far as I can tell. I edited a user, pulled up an order. All of that is fine.

Any suggestions?

Quote:

Server Error in '/' Application.
↵ ↵
Configuration Error
↵ ↵ ↵ ↵ Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. ↵

↵ ↵ Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

↵ ↵ Source Error:

↵ ↵ ↵ ↵ ↵ ↵
↵ ↵ ↵An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. ↵ ↵
↵ ↵
↵ ↵ Source File: <sitepath>\website\web.config Line: 33 ↵

↵ ↵
Show Additional Configuration Errors:
↵ ↵ ↵ ↵
↵ ↵ Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4210.0 ↵ ↵ ↵ ↵ ↵ ↵

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Joe Payne2  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 6:55:27 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I was able to resolve this issue but only by extreme measure. I zipped the entire public hosting folder into a zip file, deleted all site files and redeployed everything from the github repository. Then pasted back in the license file, encryption file, database config and web config files.

Fired up the app pool, hit the site and inner template editing now works flawlessly.

Bizarre. I really hate walking away from an issue without understanding why, but I have a feeling this one is above my pay grade. My only theory is that something got deployed to the live website from an incorrect folder or folder structure causing IIS to throw the error seen above. Clearly what's in the repo is working, so at least I know the repo is clean.